🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone Verification, Phone Number Already ...
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Hi Thomas,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue and woul like ot be contacted because it says another account is using my phone number. Thank you

Hi Jonathan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I was a free lancer with UpWork a few years ago but removed my account because I got hired on full time at a place near where I lived. I attempted to start a new account last week but I am getting an error code that states my phone number is still in use.

Thank you for your time!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Carolyn,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your previous account so that I can check that for you and assist you accordingly?

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello,

I just tryed to verify my phone number too, but I have the same experience - Message that this number is used by anther account. And few weeks before that, every time I was tying to verify my number, message about technical problems would appear.

How to verify my number?

Thank you in advance,

Polina

Hi Polina, 

It looks like you have an old account with the same credentials. The Customer Support Team will look into this and reach out to you directly to resolve this. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you Avery, I appriciate it.

Funny. That is the same answer I got. Four times I was told it got
corrected and they allegedly deleted the alleged old account but nothing
has changed. Now I am told they have to research it
leigh0382
Community Member

Hi Avery and team!

I am having the same issue.  Can I have my old account deleted so that I can move forward with the new one?

Thanks for your help here!

Best,

Leighandra

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Leighandra,

Your old account was closed. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
leigh0382
Community Member

Thank you!
f25eecb4
Community Member

I have the same issue

Hi Elize,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket and assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Contact support they will do it.

3a5f2eb5
Community Member

I am running into the phone number issue as well. I do not have an account at all for up work just yet.

Hi Darryln,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your phone number and account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

For several days now, even though you said you corrected, I still can't make a profile because it says I have an old account eith same number. You said you fixed it. Well you haven't. I am deleting this account the new one and I want all alleged accounts with my name and number deleted. Will be writing a review.

Hi Rebecca,

I`m sorry about the incovience this had caused you. I can see that you have updated your ticket with more details as well. 
I would like to confirm that our team is finishing up with their investigation and will update your ticket as soon as possible with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Please have them delete all alleged accounts and this one. This is
ridiculous. I can't even delete the new one with instructions I was sent
because my profile isn't finished because the phone number isn't verified
because it is allegedly attached to another account that your team member
said she deleted.

Hi Rebecca,

Just to confirm that I`ve already escalated this to our team and our team will assist you further on your ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dylanpace
Community Member

I have the same problem I made an account awhile ago and can’t remember my information is the another account with my same name and profile picture if you email me i could give you my exact number
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dylan, 

A member of the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you with recovering your old account. Once you have access to your old account, kindly close this new account where you are posting from to comply with the Upwork Terms of Service. 

~ Avery
Upwork
a22e0c3e
Community Member

Hi Avery, I seem to have made an UpWork account ages ago and cannot recall my login information. Could someone please delete my old account so I can finishing creating the new one? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelsey,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your old account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
cdec9571
Community Member

ne number is also already being used and I cannot create an account because of this. I have never signed up for this website before

Hi Fish,

One of our Customer Support agents will reach out to you via ticket as well and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have this same issue! I'm stuck at the phone verification step because it's saying another profile has my number. But I don't recall ever setting an account up with another email address. I only have emails in my inbox using the email on my account now. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Pauline.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
d79eafac
Community Member

Hello Avery,

I have the exactly same problem as Rebecca described.

Can you please help me out?

Hi Anna,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
grishma23
Community Member

When I enter my phone number I get the message that the number is used by another account and to please enter another one. This is my phone number. I cannot complete my application. Please advise.

Hi Grishma,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I thought I closed my old account.

Hi Kimberly,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
7ee9950a
Community Member

I am also having an issue with this and can’t seem to find the area to report it.

Hi Kim,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I am having the same thing happen to me. I do not remember making an account prior. Would you be able to see if I have an existing account? If so, would I be able to delete that account and create a new one?
Thanks!
Brianna

Hi Brianna,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you were able to reach out to our support team. Please allow time for them to look into your request and update your ticket. Feel free to reach back to us if you still need any assistance going forward. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi
I just created my account. While I was putting my phone for verification code then there is massage showing that phone number already used.

Can you please check and get back to me. Below are my account details.
**Edited for community guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths