🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: Phone Verification, Phone Number Already ...
Page options
tanvik009
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

I just created my account but my number verification is failing saying the number is in use with another account. I've never used upwork before. Can someone. Please help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

1,005 REPLIES 1,005

Also, can you please sent me the instructions on what to do via my email please? I can not log in in up work on my mobile app yet, because it’s still asking for the phone number

Hi Ekaterina,

Yes, a copy of the ticket is being sent to your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you! My status of the request is awaiting and it says that it has been created 15 hours ago. Do you know when the team member will contact me?

Hi Ekaterina,

I have followed up with the team, and one of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. Thank you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you! Are they going to call me?

I'm also experiencing this issue. Totally possible I created an account before, but my email was not already associated with an account. Anyway, assistance would be appreciated.

Hi Shane,

Please be reminded that Upwork does not allow users to have multiple freelancer accounts. Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about your previous account. I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Bojan,

I pm'd you as requested.

thanks!

I am not able to complete my profile because it's telling me my phone # has already been used, but I don't have another account.

Hi Catherine,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue as well, I have tried logging into UpWork with my other emails to check but none worked.

Hi Julianna,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I am having this issue as well. It says my phone number is already associated with an account and I can not go any further in creating my account. Please help me resolve this.

Hi Charlese,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
7a6ef3d3
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I closed a duplicate account but it won't let me use my correct phone number.

Hi Rasheeda,

Our team just reached out to you via ticket to assist you further with your phone number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hiya, could someone help me with this too please? I can't remember the login details to my previous account and when I tried to set this one up just now, I got the same error message, thanks in advance! 😄

Hi Sarah,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Same problem! Phone number is already being used!

Can't finish setting up my account. Please help!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Garrett.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
def8a720
Community Member

Hi There,

I have the same issue.

Thanks!

Hi Victoria,

I have shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you further via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
9d17ca29
Community Member

I am having the same issue. I tried creating an account but received the message "This number is being used by another account".

Hi Donovan,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I’m unable to verify my phone number as well. I’m sure I have an account I’ve forgotten about, but how do I find it to update?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jamie.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
lkeppler
Community Member

Disregard, fixed.

I have the same issue.

Hi Dan,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Having the same issue that I can't complete an account.  I have a personal account under a different email.  Setting up an account as part of an agency I'm working with.  I don't have another number.  

Hi Tisha,

Just to confirm, did you meant that you have this account you`re posting from and another one that you`re setting up to join an agency?
If yes, please keep in mind that having more than one account is a violation of our TOS as freelancers are allowed to have only one. Please close one account, and if further help is needed let me know here. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork

How would I close my other account?  I haven't used it in years.  

Hi Tisha,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your accounts. Thank you.
~ Goran
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I need to get into my account but it keeps saying my phone number has already been registered
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jasmine.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I am having the same issue can a support help me?

Hi Yao,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am having the same issue. I'm receiving an error message that says my phone number is already in use by another account. I have not previously made an account.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ellyn.

~ Bojan
Upwork
f4d1834b
Community Member

I am also experiencing the same thing!

It's saying that "This number is being used by another account"

When I'm just trying to reactivate the account. 

Close the alert

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths