cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number

Highlighted
Sarah Z Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
1 of 14

is it ok to provide phone number for an interview or hsould i ask for the conference call number and how does the conference call number work

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 14

You can give them your phone number.

The only annoying thing I find about giving customers my info is that sometimes they put me on their spam email list. -_-

Sarah Z Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
3 of 14

So  should I ask for their conference call number?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
4 of 14

I never give my landline or cellphone number to any new client. I do give my Skype handle. You can delete a contact if necessary.

I learned that lesson a long time ago.  Clients are no respecters of time differences!

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 14

I rarely give out my phone number.

I usually offer to call the client.

Or I use Skype.

Before calling a client, be sure to consider whether your phone number may show up on their Caller ID or cell phone or whatnot.

My rule of thumb: Any client who gets my phone number or who I call on the phone has already set up an hourly contract with me and knows that they'll be billed for phone time with me.

Community Guru
6 of 14

You guys beat me on the paranoia on this one. lol I give out my phone number. I just think "w00t it's a tax writeoff now." 

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 14

I don't want my own relatives calling me. I certainly don't want clients calling me unless they're paying $$$.

Community Guru
8 of 14

Yeah, I do think about that sometimes. I had 1 customer that was needy but I just never answered my phone and would subsequently email him when I was done with what I was doing. Even then I wouldn't say it was bad, but I do see your point.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
9 of 14

HI Sarah,

I would agree that you may not want to give out your phone number and many users will use skype, or google hangouts for calls. If you would like to have a conference call, generally you would ask the client for the call in number and they may also provide you with a code that you enter to join the conference call. 

Untitled
Michele H Member Since: May 31, 2019
10 of 14
I am new to Upwork and so far I am a bit turned off. I have sent out countless proposals and the only responses I have received are from three people asking for my phone number to text. Then email address so they could send more job description info. and then the last one wanted to negotiate money off of Upwork “supposedly”. So far this all seems very sketchy to me as I’ve spent close to $30 in a “membership” and connects? Love some feedback.....
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS