🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Phone verification
Page options
amine-kuta
Community Member

Phone verification

I added the phone verification layer, and it was added successfully. However, I am not required to verify my identity through my phone when I am signing in. I'm wondering if there might be something wrong.

I appreciate some help on that matter.

Cheers,

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amine, 

Both are the security question, and the phone verification helps you keep your Upwork account safe. We ask you for your security question or for a verification code at different stages throughout the Upwork experience. Your security question is generally used to access specific parts of your account and phone verification is generally used at login, but either could be required when our security systems detect a login attempt or other operation that appears high-risk. 

If the system flags a high-risk operation or login attempt, you or anyone who tries to log in your account will go through these verification procedures. 

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Amine, 

Both are the security question, and the phone verification helps you keep your Upwork account safe. We ask you for your security question or for a verification code at different stages throughout the Upwork experience. Your security question is generally used to access specific parts of your account and phone verification is generally used at login, but either could be required when our security systems detect a login attempt or other operation that appears high-risk. 

If the system flags a high-risk operation or login attempt, you or anyone who tries to log in your account will go through these verification procedures. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members