Did you mean: 

Phone verification

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Razvan S Member Since: Mar 16, 2012
1 of 7

Hello everyone,

Maybe someone can help me.

I remeber I saw some time ago freelancers that have their identity verified by phone. And their English level too. I would like to be phone verified, I think that my English is better than my self-estimatetion (hope so).

Sorry if this was discussed before on the forum, please show me the link to the thread if so.

Thank you,

Razvan Stacescu

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 7
Razan,
Not sure what you are talking about. I have never heard of Upwork verifying contractors' English proficiency by phone.

And don't worry about underestimating your English language proficiency. You speak English well enough for the job skills you offer, but your humility with respect to your English language skills is well-deserved.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
3 of 7

good

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
4 of 7

Razvan, regarding phone verification, if they have your phone number and/or ID , you will have it displayed eventually on your profile.

Regarding English verification you have two options. One is to pass Duolingo test (it is $20) :

http://testcenter.duolingo.com

Also check this thread for more information: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/How-can-I-verify-my-English-Language-Skill/m-p/7371/high...

Last thing- if I were you, I wouldn't ask someone on the forum to evaluate my language skills. There are many different kinds of people in this world. The only legitimate way to evaluate your skills is to take a test that is intended for it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

Kudos to Natasa for pointing to Duolingo.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Although Upwork doesn't directly evaluate English proficiency by phone, they DO partner with Duolingo, who evaluates English proficiency with an app-enabled mobile device, such as an iPad or iPhone.

You see, I'm so old that when you say "phone", I don't automatically think of "mobile computer" **edited for Community Guidelines**

My phone on my desk is literally a 1949 model rotary phone. And it doesn't run apps.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 7

Hi Razvan,

Duolingo test pointed out by Natasa is a good additional way to verify your English language proficiency. As for the phone verification, currently you will not be able to initiate phone verification. However, we are going to do more in this direction soon so stay tuned. 

Also, note that some comments have been edited or removed. Please, be respectful towards other members of the Community.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Razvan S Member Since: Mar 16, 2012
7 of 7

Thank you for your help.

You were  right, their Id was verified, not their language skills.

I will stay as I am  for now.

Bests,

Razvan

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS