🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Photo Touch Up Files
Page options
c16555e2
Community Member

Photo Touch Up Files

I'm a client who is not new to Upwork but I'm new to having Photos edited.

This question is for anyone who does photo editing on the freelance side.

I will be taking my own product photos and then hire for editing on Upwork.

Any advice or suggestions on my end? How can I make the process easier for the freelancer?  I.e. file type, organization and etc., 

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
renata101
Community Member

Scott F wrote:

Any advice or suggestions on my end? How can I make the process easier for the freelancer?  I.e. file type, organization and etc., 

Thanks in advance.

Hi Scott,

Cool question.

It might be a good idea to sit down and try to track your anticipated workflow and then create an organizational system that works with that. What will you be doing with the edited photos once they're done?  Will you be working with them by product category? For instance, you might be adding them to an existing web page or an online catalogue that contains that specific category of products. So if you're anticipating working with round widget thingamabob images as a unit, then you could organize things around different categories of widget thingamabobs (round, square, pointy, etc). 

If you think about it that way, this might help you to give them to the freelancer in a way that works for both of you. The organization might also help you to determine appropriate milestones if it's a big job. 

barada00
Community Member

Scott F wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Hello Scott,

On your job offer you can attach 5 files. So if you attach 2 sample images you took and some images you want them to look like it would greatly help even before people apply to your job. Alternately you can share Google Drive or Dropbox folder with images you selected to be able to show more than 5 images.

If you'll have many images hire a couple (or more) of the applicants with fixed price giving them 2 or 3 different images to edit. See who works fast, who does the best editing etc. Choose the best of them. Don't give low private or public feedback to the freelancers you didn't choose if something really annoying didn't happen. Hire the best with an hourly contract.

Group your photos as needed and upload them to Drive or Dropbox. Share the main folder giving editing/writing access to the freelancer. They can put the images they edited inside the same folders adding "edited" to the file name. Backup edited files (download or copy to a private folder) Check the time freelancer spending on every image and see the screenshots every day. If you are not happy with the work or you think they are milking time find some other freelancer.

Stay away from "group of people" or agencies. Stay away from cheap freelancers. ($5/hour is cheap, $15-20/hour is risky)

If your sample photos are very bad quality or your expectations are too high for the quality of materials and budget don't expect good editors to apply. (I wrote this because you are taking your own photos and I don't know if you are a professional photographer.)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members