cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Photo Upload Not Working.....Arggggggggh!

jamesduren
James D Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
1 of 16

I've wasted nearly an hour trying to upload thumbnails for my "Portfolio" section and for my profile photo. I've successfully uploaded two photos in that time. TWO. 

The error message gives me no explanation whatsoever as to why the photos aren't uploading. This is SUPREMELY frustrating and I'm sick of wasting time on simple things that should take no more than 5 mintues. 

Here's a photo of the delightfully nebulus message I've gotten about 50 times in the past hour:

two hoots.jpg

randymyers
Ace Contributor
Randy M Member Since: Aug 23, 2015
2 of 16

I'm not sure who's problem is more frustrating; yours or mine.

I've also just been trying to build up my portfolio and when it comes to the thumbnail uploads, I HAVE been able to upload the images and although the software makes it APPEAR that you have cropping control over the image, no matter what I do, the final outcome is a thumbnail with the top portion of the image cropped off.  Not exactly what I'd like prospective IMAGE EDITING clients to see on my portfolio.  I have submitted a question about this problem to  Upwork but from other posts that I've seen about the same issue, it appears to be an unsolved glitch at this time.  AAARRRHHHHGGGGGG !

ritaortiz
Rita O Member Since: Jul 28, 2015
3 of 16

Hi,

Same problem here.

Could add a couple .jpgs and then when I was adding the thumbnail, error after error.

If did work one time but instead of cropping the imagem it just shows it all and it's not that great.

still waiting for upwork support's reply on this.

Rita

cfe7cda5
Jann S Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
4 of 16

I cannot upload my profile until the thumbnail issue is resolved. Please advise as to timeframe. Thank you.

ahmad-srour
Ahmad S Member Since: Feb 2, 2016
5 of 16

i have the same problem

roopaga
Roopa G Member Since: May 5, 2016
6 of 16

I have recently joined upwork. Hoever I am having issue in creating the profile. 

The photo is not able to upload I tried with many of the photos. Whats the issue.

Can anyone highlight how this problem can be solved. I am unable to go further. 

regards

Roopa

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 16

Hi Roopa,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format? If it is, please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

If this doesn't help, please contact Customer Support and provide screenshots of the error and browsers you have tried to use so we can investigate further.

Untitled
roopaga
Roopa G Member Since: May 5, 2016
8 of 16

Thanks , I will check your suggestions and contact support if problem still persists.

jeiyhegm
John Michael M Member Since: May 3, 2017
9 of 16

Try to use different Browser, or clear cache and cookies.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
10 of 16

Think about this logically:

Millions of contractors have successfully uploaded photos to their profiles, even people with only minimal technical skills, people with no real knowledge of images or programming or anything.

So... if they were able to do it, why not you?

You CAN contact customer support and you CAN ask questions here, but if I was in a similar situation, I would try using a different browser. Try using a different computer. Try using a different photo. Try cropping the photo. Try using a smaller image file. Try using a different image file format.

Sorry that you've had trouble, but this really should be a one-time thing, so it doesn't seem like it's worth spending a lot of time on to get working in the one specific browser/computer/image format combination that you prefer.

If something else will work, just do it and get it done with.

Meanwhile, should Upwork test this functionality further using a variety of browsers and operating systems and image situations to make this process less frustrating for particular users?

Of course they should. But that's their problem. Let them deal with it while you get on with your life.

View solution in original post

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS