cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photo Upload Not Working.....Arggggggggh!

roopaga
Roopa G Member Since: May 5, 2016
11 of 16

Thanks for your advice. 

sunilsreeram
Sunil M Member Since: Aug 8, 2016
12 of 16

I was able to upload the photo but the photo was rotating automatically. So it is not able to detect my face even though I tried uploading using different browser, Microsoft edge and Google chrome but I still face the same issue.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
13 of 16

Hi Sunil,

Could you please try rotating the picture before you upload it? Doing that has solved the issue for some users.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
omorfaruk885
Omor F Member Since: Jan 7, 2017
14 of 16

i cant upload upwork photo

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 16

Hi Omor,

Could you please try using  different browser to upload your profile photo? Also, make sure it's not too dark, not a long shot and shows your face clearly. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
kayfritz
Kullawee F Member Since: Nov 14, 2018
16 of 16
Again I have just joined hundreds or may be thousands of people who try to use this platform and unable to due to the bugs and it has been driving people crazy. The photo and files that I uploaded to Upwork is the same as what I uploaded to Airbnb, PayPal, Toptal an many other website and the users keep asking what went wrong so we can fix but no precious words are out from Upwork.

It is like you keep on guessing what you boss wants and try to please him but he never reveals what he wants and you keep on trying and wasting more time and effort. Is. This. How. Upwork. Treats. Us ?
===== 
Yesterday, I found a job I wanted to apply then I learned that it is on Upwork. I have never heard of it before as I worked in Corporations in the Bay Area before I moved to the Midwest as it is more friendly to raise my 2E child. I signed up then tried to apply for it. Upwork sounds like cool with good user experience. It did not let me apply for a job. It instead led me to verify myself. I uploaded my photo ID (state ID)..the same files I uploaded to PayPal and Airbnb and many more. Both are legit. I suspected that the platform was not up-to-date with the new driver's licence/state ID format so I tried my other ID too but nothing worked and it locked me out. It gave me a Customer Care link. I sought help and he simply unlock my account but did not tell me why. I uploaded again..this time I changed ID files and it did not allow me to upload. I reached out to the Customer Care person. This time I also gave him my ID file to see what was wrong. Again, no input... He have me manual verification which took me a really long time because it asked for bank statement (which is rare nowadays, it is all online). I digged it out and it was 5 months ago when I requested for it. It went through. They said it would take up to some good 48 hours. I told the Customer Care that the product people should look at this carefully... We are penalized the user for Upwork bugs. I woked up today to find out that the 2.5 hours that I spent on Upwork onboarding processes did not pay off... Again no input from them...it was like yeah yeah good that you do it but "SOMETHING" went wrong. You go try it again. He gave me a really cold reply like please note that freelancer need to go through this process before applying for a job.... oh but you just did not help.. it was like keep on doing it and naah won't check for you and won't tell you what that was. You need to keep trying to please me.

I searched the community and found so many issues like mine have been on this Help forum. I am sad. The job will be closed in a bit. I have been working on the bonboarding process for 24 hours and I have not kicked start the manual verification yet due to the upload issues. It will take up to 48 hours after this! And I'd not have a chance to apply. We are software people and we are not stupid but this is not working. My husband takes some time off from his work today to help me. If software engneers cannot get this done then who else?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS