cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned Post for Platform Updates - This could possibly alleviate potential frustration

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
1 of 17

Based on all the happening since I have been here, and more recent events over the past few weeks. I think something like this would be ideal since it is so easy to set up. A Moderator / Community Manager could pin a LOCKED thread as a means of updating the community regularly on our issues.

I think it would be a win/win scenario.

Microsoft Excel - Book1 (07-25-2015 11.22.07).png

This second list could be where everyone submits and upvotes what should be addressed next.

Microsoft Excel - Book1 (07-25-2015 11.22.29).png

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Ace Contributor
N T Member Since: Jul 18, 2015
2 of 17

I vote for cats! Address cats. 

Fluffy, spastic cats.

Community Guru
MERCY N Member Since: May 6, 2015
3 of 17

Great idea! This way we cease to feel like pests or disgruntled elements of a political party.

Community Guru
4 of 17

Because of its simple implementation, I believe it is a good idea that we can lobby for. It doesn't take any engineers to have it implemented.

Community Guru
5 of 17
Bumping this thread, because I think the platform need something like this going forward - actually immediately.
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
6 of 17

Yes, I think this is a good idea. Then we'd be able to see what progress is being made on all the urgent issues that are affecting our ability to work.

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
7 of 17

Having so many threads addressing the same issues is redundant, backward and exhausting. It would be so much more organized and efficient this way, rather that Valeria and Lena having to respond to the same posts 50 times per day.

A simple solution like this would clear at least half of the threads from the forum and let us get back to being productive.

I would appreciate a response from Garnor about implementing something of the sort.

Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
8 of 17

Thanks for the suggestion Setu. While this appears simple, this could actually be difficult for us to maintain. As some issues are user-specific, we could then find ourselves trying to triage bugs/issues here in the public forums when doing so in a private manner (via Support ticket), could prove more efficient. 

We'll evaluate this, along with other ways to keep our community informed. But, we don't have any immediate plans to create an area like this so I'll ask that you discontinue 'bumping' the thread for further response. 

Thanks,

Garnor

Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
9 of 17

Totally fantastic idea, but it's never going to happen. Twilight is the terminal state.

Community Guru
10 of 17
I understand how you feel Pandora. Its incredible when you look at threads from 3 years ago listing the same problems that have not been fixed to this date.

I will bump this thread every morning until I get a yay or nay from the powers that be. Then bump it some more.

Its not too much to ask for some order to the madness.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS