cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Pinned Post for Platform Updates - This could possibly alleviate potential frustration

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
11 of 17

@Garnor M wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion Setu. While this appears simple, this could actually be difficult for us to maintain. As some issues are user-specific, we could then find ourselves trying to triage bugs/issues here in the public forums when doing so in a private manner (via Support ticket), could prove more efficient. 

We'll evaluate this, along with other ways to keep our community informed. But, we don't have any immediate plans to create an area like this so I'll ask that you discontinue 'bumping' the thread for further response. 

Thanks,

Garnor

Thanks for the prompt reply Garnor, it does prove that you are informed about our many concerns here. I fail to agree with any of the points in your post however as they are just not applicable in my opinion.

A pinned locked thread could never be difficult to maintain, especially since it would probably be updated weekly by staff.

Almost all of the bugs/blunders/problems/missing features/unusable additions..... reported in the threads, are platform-wide and affect all freelancers. Therefore I cannot see how you group them with the few user specific problems.

Having one public thread to address these issues frees up CS and Mods to give important support, so I fail to see how continuing on the current path can be more efficient.

Since there is no immediate plans to address such a problem, it would make no sense to continue to bump this thread; as nay is your official response.

Disappointed,

Setu.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Community Guru
Fergus M Member Since: May 23, 2015
12 of 17

What is this "efficient" of which you speak?

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.― George Orwell
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
13 of 17

Shame on you Setu for occupying the mods time with such non-trivial suggestions like introducing just a wee bit of accountability and transparency and efficiency in its simplest and fastest form, and best of all, essentially for free as it takes 3 seconds to pin said post. Careful, you don't want to free up too much resource or take away from our experience reading about puppies and life changing events such as a word change. Anyway, as a peace offering to the mods and to demonstrate my compliance with forum rules:

kitty and ducks 

Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
14 of 17

Compliance it is. Or maybe not?

Cute-Wallpapers-cute-kittens-10501750-500-375.jpg

Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
15 of 17

True Krisztina, I wont do it again. That picture deserves a fitting home in the new sub-forum though.

I had left the idea alone until I saw this thread (Can we get an update on some of these problems?) and realized that Valeria had to be constantly replying to individual requests all day. Such a waste of her valuable time.

People like Isabelle and Ela are meticulous at following up on requests made, or promises to check on issues in threads. What if you miss these posts (since you should not be logging in here every hour of the day)? You are then forced to open a new thread to follow up on what was already followed up.

So silly, now that I write it. However, Upwork knows best.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
16 of 17

Very silly of you as having people post months old issues as new ones and getting brand new old answers to it, keeps the illusion of all being just ducktastic alive and makes all bugs seem like new, one-off ones that can most likely be fixed by clearing cache and cookies. Smiley Happy 

I wonder if the "new message" button should be renamed to "new room".

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
17 of 17

"I wonder if the "new message" button should be renamed to "new room"."

That wouldn't submit a proposal in this case.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS