Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platforms

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sue B Member Since: Aug 26, 2016
1 of 11

I don't know if I should ask this but thought I would try.  Along with UpWork what other platforms is there for Freelancers?  It's hard to tell the good from the bad.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
2 of 11

Yeah we can't post competitor platforms here. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 11

That's too bad...because we could help each other succeed!  I'm finding too many scams here...not quite sure what to do about that.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
4 of 11

The thing is the same scams are also on all the other platforms. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 11

I wonder if the fee's are as high as UpWork tho?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 11

Those other sites and their fees are easy enough to find. Use Google.

And as stated, there are scammers everywhere. I have never been scammed, and never will be. Learn how to use the tools at hand, and you won't be scammed either.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
7 of 11

Sue, there are scammers everywhere - you can't escape them, but you can avoid them.  If you are picking up a lot of scammers, perhaps you should refine your searches to exclude new(ish), unverified clients.  You will then have some history to review. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 11

New unverified clients are not always scammers, but rather just that, new and unverified. That does not make them scammers and it's perfectly fine to submit bids with such posts. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
9 of 11

I did not suggest that new clients were scammers.  I did suggest that as Sue is encountering a lot of scammers, she will have a better chance of avoiding them if she only applies for jobs with clients that have a history. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
10 of 11

Even the most seasoned freelancers receive scammy job invitations It is is infuriating because to keep the the "green line" healthy, one is obliged to  answer these ridiculous posts. In a couple of clicks you can turn down the "job offer" and "block"  the client. The latter does not always work as these scams are perpetrated by so many people. 

Here is the link to an excellent list of how to recognize scams and what to avoid from Lena, whose very real advice should be to hand on the freelancer page:

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Content-Corner/Tips-to-Avoid-Questionable-Jobs/m-p/240833#U240833

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS