cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum Tier Client Just Joined 2 Days Ago?

Barbra H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 10

I don't know if I'm making this post in the correct category, but how is it possible for a client to be a Platinum Tier client when they only joined 2 days ago, have no verified payment method, and the only job posting they have is most likely a scam (need to hire 99 entry level freelancers for "research")?

Community Leader
Fernanda M Member Since: Apr 10, 2016
2 of 10

A bug in the system? Nooooooo..... how can that be possible!

Community Guru
Joynul A Member Since: Jun 27, 2015
3 of 10

OMG !! how can it be possible ??

Joynul
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Barbra and others,

If you see a platinum tier client without a job history that means the account is associated with one of our top client-companies, but they may have recently opened a new account. This is not a glitch, of our platinum badged clients there are a handful that have created new accounts that have yet to accumulate a history, these account for less than 1% of the platinum badges. 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
5 of 10

@Valeria K wrote:

If you see a platinum tier client without a job history that means the account is associated with one of our top client-companies, but they may have recently opened a new account.

What makes them "top client-companies," if not their Upwork history?

6 of 10

@Heaven H wrote:

What makes them "top client-companies," if not their Upwork history?

Based on Valeria's answer, it sounds to me like the client is a large company with multiple hiring managers for different types of projects, most likely. So it's one company, which has a proven history with Upwork, with multiple accounts for the different hiring managers.

7 of 10

Thank you, Valeria. It just really threw me, especially when I saw how many freelancers they were looking to hire.

This widget could not be displayed.
8 of 10
This widget could not be displayed.

@Barbra H wrote:

Thank you, Valeria. It just really threw me, especially when I saw how many freelancers they were looking to hire.

There are some platinum clients who are farmers. They pretend to be a company, however, they farm out their work to other freelancers. Mostly, you can recognize them by their low payment and always looking for many freelancers.

9 of 10

@Margarete M wrote:

There are some platinum clients who are farmers. They pretend to be a company, however, they farm out their work to other freelancers. Mostly, you can recognize them by their low payment and always looking for many freelancers.

See, now that's something I hadn't thought about. It's not a scam per se, but it's definitely not the scenario I was thinking it would be. I guess if they're platinum clients, though, at least they do pay the people they farm the work out to. I guess it takes all kinds.

Community Leader
Matija M Member Since: Feb 4, 2013
10 of 10

It's a fancy name for Rising Talent Smiley Happy

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS