cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Platinum, even better than gold!

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
1 of 11
    Platinum tier: one of the top clients on Upwork.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
2 of 11

I wonder what the capital of Thailand has to do with the erotic romance books Smiley Very Happy

This is a good indicator of the different treatment that freelances and clients get.

To be a top rated freelancer one must follow zillion rules and worship the clients, whereas to be a top client one must do nothing. I love how we are all equal.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
3 of 11

The Thailand thing is a test question to see if the freelance read everything.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aleksandra K Member Since: Mar 31, 2015
4 of 11

I know Robert, I was being ironic. Smiley Very Happy For me these “checks” are nonsense. Of course I would read the post if I want to apply for the job. I wonder if the clients go through the trouble of reading our cover letters. By reading several posts on this forum my guess would be that most of them don’t.  

Highlighted
Community Guru
Robert James R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
5 of 11

Oh, sorry about that.

But to what you mentioned, I have a client now who actually told me I was the only one who read the job post. To be fair, his job post was a few paragraphs long and did have some tone of formality so I can imagine why people wouldn't bother reading.

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 11

There's probably some $2.50/500 article mill somewhere on here with a little trophy saying:

Iridium tier: one of the greatest clients in the entire world

God only knows what bronze tier clients must be like.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
7 of 11

LOL@$7650 total dollars spent (over 33 freelancers!), which is a whooping $760 in fees or $232 per freelancer, qualifying as platinum tier...

Highlighted
Community Guru
8 of 11

I edited one of these when I first joined, the last thing I'd describe it as is erotic Cat Sad

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Paul M Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 11

@Ramon B wrote:

I edited one of these when I first joined, the last thing I'd describe it as is erotic Cat Sad

Ramon, that may say more about you than the book Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 11

Hi All,

Note that I had to remove a few comments from this thread as they were off topic and contained some controversial remarks.

Thank you for understanding.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS