🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please Guide!!!
Page options
awadh-saleh
Community Member

Please Guide!!!

There's a client of mine... We both agree on 2500 Leads... But After about 350 Leads he told me to stop...  He asked for some time because he didn't want leads NOW! Our contract is running till 2 months & He didn't want work now but he neither ending the contract! Should I end it? Because I'm afraid that my JSS will decrease eventually.

2 REPLIES 2
2a05aa63
Community Member

If you don't want to risk your JSS then don't end it. The open contract doesn't do anything to your JSS.

I usually ask clients to close contracts if there's no work for 2+ weeks and reopen it if needed later. Otherwise people forget.

kinector
Community Member

Viacheslav is right, there is no cost to you in keeping the contract open. Always be on your client's side.

If later on there is still no reply, I suppose you would be entitled to 14% of the money promised, right? I'm assuming it's a fixed-price job, not hourly-paid. A normal decent and logical person would agree to pay you the right proportion. Just be patient and communicate your intentions at every step.

The only case I could see this going badly is that the client never had the intention to pay, set a big number as the target, took 14% of the results (assuming you've sent them), and is hoping the "problem" of paying you what is due by ignoring you. This is rarely the case, but it might happen.

In the end, you need to decide whether it is realistic to wait or just close the project and move on. Not every project needs to be going as planned to be successful, actually.

I hope it works out soon. 👍

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members