🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please Help ASAP! Client account on temporary...
Page options
4a17c75f
Community Member

Please Help ASAP! Client account on temporary hold, can't accept offer.

Hey,

Please help! I can't seem to accept my client's offer because it says the client's account is on temporary hold. What should they do to fix it, i know upwork help team is very slow so what could be the problem here? Could it be a glich on my side?

I'm a new freelancer and each offer seems like a miracle, and i really don't want to loose this one especially since the client seems a bit impatient.

Do i hand in the work without the contract if it comes to that?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ashrafkhan81
Community Member

It is most likely because they have a pending payment or their last charge to the credit card failed. There could be other reasons as well. 

Telll him to contact support about the message you received, don't tell them it could be because of a payment issue. 

If the client does not have any job history or reviews becareful when accept offers from such client. If it's a fixed fee job don't start work until milestone is funded and activated. 

If it's an hourly job, please follow all requirements of hourly payment protection.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
lysis10
Community Member

This is a red flag that it's fraudulent activity. Is the client new? It could be a simple CC issue, but I would be suspicious if the client is new.

Be smart, not desperate.

ashrafkhan81
Community Member

It is most likely because they have a pending payment or their last charge to the credit card failed. There could be other reasons as well. 

Telll him to contact support about the message you received, don't tell them it could be because of a payment issue. 

If the client does not have any job history or reviews becareful when accept offers from such client. If it's a fixed fee job don't start work until milestone is funded and activated. 

If it's an hourly job, please follow all requirements of hourly payment protection.

Ashraf K wrote:

No, clients don't get suspended until tomorrow. He'd already be suspended for last week and wouldn't be able to send an offer. This is likely some type of fraudulent activity, but also could have been flagged for academic fraud. OP's profile indicates that she writes for students, and Upwork seemingly takes this a little more seriously these days. If it's not a simple CC issue that the client needs to fix, I'm leaning on academic fraud or just plain ol' garden variety fraud and OP is not good at spotting it.

It's a temporary hold...most likely a failed charge issue. 

Upwork also started random client verification so it could be that too

4a17c75f
Community Member

Thankyou for your comments! The client got the issue solved and i was able to accept the offer.

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hey Abeer, have the client call Upwork's support number for assistance. There is nothing you can do other than encourage your client to take care of the issue. Usually a bad credit card, therefore you want Upwork to fix or you don't get paid. Have a great day!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members