Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 18

Erika T wrote:

i sent him a message a lot of times about the inactive milestones he said he sent it already and just need to wait till the upwork release it. 

The client is either confused or not entirely honest. If there is no money in Escrow, and no sign of it anywhere on your Reports page, no such payment was made.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
12 of 18

Erika T wrote:

We both agreed that he will pay me weekly. He was very unresponsive as well, and everytime i asked him about the payment he said he will work on it. what do i do now?

-------------

You've been scamed. You aren't going to get paid. What do you do now? Perhaps you should click on the question mark on the home page, choose help and support and read the information contained in all of the links. 

Erika T Member Since: May 20, 2019
13 of 18

I'm very disspointed! and what is the punishment for this please?

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
14 of 18

Hi Erika, 

I checked your account and can see that the client issued you a bonus payment for this contract. If you scroll down further at the bottom of this page, you will see that the client released the first milestone, and a bonus payment to you, and was credited to your account on 11-May. You may access this page by going to your My Jobs > Contracts > and clicking on Milestones & Earnings. 

If you check this page, (Reports > Overview > Available), you will see that all the payments were credited to you on the same date. You may also access your Transaction History by going to your Reports > Transaction History. It is very likely that you didn't notice these transactions getting credited to your account because you withdrew your earnings on the same date. 

Let me know if you have further questions about your transactions so that I can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
15 of 18

The agreement was 100$/week. I got paid once just a 100$. and then after that i got nothing. i followed up a lot times client said that i need wait until the upwork release it becasue he sent it already. what i want to know is if the upwork has it o he lied to me? and what is the penalty for this?

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
16 of 18

Erika T wrote:

The agreement was 100$/week. I got paid once just a 100$. and then after that i got nothing. i followed up a lot times client said that i need wait until the upwork release it becasue he sent it already.

Go to the actual contract on your contracts page and see what it says there for what has been paid.

Erika T wrote:

what is the penalty for this?

The penalty for working against unfunded milestones is that you don't get paid.

Milestones that were never funded can not be enforced or disputed.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
17 of 18

Erika T wrote:

The agreement was 100$/week. I got paid once just a 100$. and then after that i got nothing. i followed up a lot times client said that i need wait until the upwork release it becasue he sent it already. what i want to know is if the upwork has it o he lied to me? and what is the penalty for this?

The penalty for the client is that you will never work with him again. The penalty for you is that you will not get paid for the other milestones.

Erika, it is really easy to be safe on upwork, and get paid, if you just adhere to the regulations upwork put into place to keep everybody safe. Read all the information available before you accept another contract.

18 of 18
Thank you everyone i really appreciate your help.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS