🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please Help
Page options
skippergeometria
Community Member

Please Help

Hey Guys,

I really need your assistance on this...

I have sent a lot of proposals, and have a nice amount of experience in call centers both as a support agent and as part of the management. I am not asking for a 60$ p/h, to be honest, I think I am asking a reasonable amount.

However, I still haven't got any responses, not even an invite.

I have also subscribed for this premium membership, and I see on Youtube that people are even getting suggestions from UpWork...

But not me...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks 

Zivojin. 🙂

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear Sarah,

First of all, Thank you very much for responding! 🙂

I can use any help I can get. 🙂

I have changed what you said regarding my profile, and I definitely agree with what you said...

If you have any other suggestions or changes that I can implement, I would be more than happy to do it. I would really want to start working this way. I agree it does scream :

"I am new here and don't have a clue to what I am doing..."

Which at this point, is more than true. XD

Once again thank you for taking the time to respond.

Zivojin. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
sjbercot
Community Member

It takes a loooong time to get some momentum, and I think you'll find a ton of low-priced competition in your area of expertise, so just keep applying to jobs where you think you're the best fit. Upwork is not an easy place to get started. Good luck!

Just a couple of notes on your profile, if I may. 
1. Your first line: Don't waste this space on a generic welcome message. In a search, clients see the first few lines of your profile in the list of potential freelancers, so you want it to be informative and have impact. Also, you aren't looking for "employers" here, you're looking for clients. You're a freelancer, not an employee. 🙂 
2. Review your profile for spelling and grammar. You want to make sure it's perfect especially if you're listing English fluency.
3. This line rubbed me wrong: "I have decided to start working from home and would like to develop my own Contact Center (All in good time). However, for now, I would like to start working and let you decide." Clients want to know you're confident in your skills and professionalism, they don't really care about your professional transition, and they want to know you are a competent and experienced freelancer who knows how to conduct themselves. These lines scream "I'm new to this and not really sure about it!" That's NOT the impression you want to give. I'd get rid of these lines entirely.

Dear Sarah,

First of all, Thank you very much for responding! 🙂

I can use any help I can get. 🙂

I have changed what you said regarding my profile, and I definitely agree with what you said...

If you have any other suggestions or changes that I can implement, I would be more than happy to do it. I would really want to start working this way. I agree it does scream :

"I am new here and don't have a clue to what I am doing..."

Which at this point, is more than true. XD

Once again thank you for taking the time to respond.

Zivojin. 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members