🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Please Let Me know this
Page options
amanpreetsngh
Community Member

Please Let Me know this

I've submitted my work to client thorugh submit my work button option , it was a fixed price job. Client demanded me for the changes. I've successfully changed. And after that I was submitted my work through simple message option. 

My question is: Can I send my work(after making changes) through resubmitting option or it can also be submitted through normal message option provided by Upwork?

Looking for valuable help from Upwork Helpers.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Either one, but if you use resubmit, the waiting period for the client to approve the payment starts all over again, I think, so I'd stick with using messages, and then ask the client to release the milestone.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Either one, but if you use resubmit, the waiting period for the client to approve the payment starts all over again, I think, so I'd stick with using messages, and then ask the client to release the milestone.

Peter, I may be wrong, as i have stopped working on fixed fee projects long back.

But when clients request changes to the submitted work, it stops the clock and the freelancer must resubmit the working using the button. This is a very common trick used by many unethical clients to delay payment they keep requesting changes and the 14 day clock stops and so on...

Amanpreet, if you suspect the client just wants to delay the payment or does not want to pay you must resubmit using the sibmit work button the clock will restart for 14 days. 

Freelancers often resubmit the work using the button, without being asked for any changes, that resets the 14days timer. The advise we usually get to not resubmit is for such cases.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths