🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please Reply
Page options
f63617d3
Community Member

Please Reply

Hello Seniors

I got 3 interviews yesterday by accepting my proposals.
They ask me to do a test jobs. I agreed and send the work to them by processing as per there requirements.

1st client said the He will show to his boss and let me know. But I know I have processed that image 100% accurately Its for a ecommerce website. I have 6 years of experience in image editing field I know my work.
Still no reply from him.

2nd client said work is perfect. I thought he will send the job offer, but he also kept silent without messaging me.

3rd client gave wrist watch to edit as per his requirement he checked the processed image, he was satisfied with the image. He ask another test image, I got doubt on him. I said I already sent you a test job, if you still need a test job then send the image I will do it and send you back. Still no reply from him

Feel something bad 🙁🙁🙁.

Sending job proposal with the positive vibe. But some are behaving like cheating 🙁🙁🙁.

What to do...
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:
Upwork Basics?

Yes. The basics. Such as not working for free and not wasting your time. Such as "contract first, work afterwards". Or "It is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service for clients to ask for free samples".

Mohamed A wrote:
When clients says he have bulk images to process, when he ask to process for a sample image before the job begin, how can I disregard that?

Like any professional freelancer on Upwork would: By telling the client you'd be very happy to to do some samples as soon as the client has set up a contract for those samples.

By doing work for free you train clients to expect free work, harm your fellow freelancers and cheapen the marketplace.

And you waste your own time and effort doing work you'll never get paid for.

Mohamed A wrote:
I searched via google how to send a fixed job contract for a freelancer and I send him the link.
After that he didnt reply

Surprise, surprise.

He has what he came for. For free. Of course he no longer replied.

Do you somehow think that had the client wanted to pay you, he couldn't have figured out how to? Isn't Google available at the client's location? 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
masud669
Community Member

Hello Mohamed,

Two words for you.
Be patient and try hard. One day you will be successful.
But remember it, please don't work always free for testing purposes. When a client asks you for testing, you will send your previous or recent work sample. Avoid testing work, because some clients use this type of trap.
Best of Luck!

Mr. Masud R

The client contacted me. I ask him to send the contract offer to do live or test job. He said he doesn't know how to send job offer😇. He gave me his contact number, but I dont want to get banned by upwork. Because I wanted to maintain my upwork account as my permanent working place. So I didnt contact him.

I searched via google how to send a fixed job contract for a freelancer and I send him the link.

tlbp
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:
Mr. Masud R

The client contacted me. I ask him to send the contract offer to do live or test job. He said he doesn't know how to send job offer😇. He gave me his contact number, but I dont want to get banned by upwork. Because I wanted to maintain my upwork account as my permanent working place. So I didnt contact him.

People lie. You are transacting business with strangers over the internet.

If a stranger walked up to you on the street and said, "I want you to do this work, but I don't know how to pay you," would you do the work? 

f63617d3
Community Member

Hello Tonya P

After the work is done as a test job, if the stranger says I dont know how to pay, then what to do?

Mohamed A wrote:
Hello Tonya P

After the work is done as a test job, if the stranger says I dont know how to pay, then what to do?

You shouldn't even get to that stage. You shouldn't do a test job without being paid. This is a common trick to con freelancers into working without payment. The client needs to have a contract in place before you do anything. 

Mohamed A wrote:
Hello Tonya P

How did you manage to complete 25 contracts without knowing the Upwork basics?

Upwork Basics?

When clients says he have bulk images to process, when he ask to process for a sample image before the job begin, how can I disregard that?

I just need a solution, without questioning me back.
petra_r
Community Member

Mohamed A wrote:
Upwork Basics?

Yes. The basics. Such as not working for free and not wasting your time. Such as "contract first, work afterwards". Or "It is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service for clients to ask for free samples".

Mohamed A wrote:

Like any professional freelancer on Upwork would: By telling the client you'd be very happy to to do some samples as soon as the client has set up a contract for those samples.

By doing work for free you train clients to expect free work, harm your fellow freelancers and cheapen the marketplace.

And you waste your own time and effort doing work you'll never get paid for.

Mohamed A wrote:

Surprise, surprise.

He has what he came for. For free. Of course he no longer replied.

Do you somehow think that had the client wanted to pay you, he couldn't have figured out how to? Isn't Google available at the client's location? 

Mohamed A wrote:
Upwork Basics?

I just need a solution, without questioning me back.

If the "client" is interviewing 25 freelancers and each make the test with a different image, they will get 25 processed images for free. Why is he going to pay any of them?

roberty1y
Community Member

Ever read How to Get Rich by Trusting Random Strangers on the Internet ? There's a reason why that book has never been written.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths