cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Share Your Experience in Changing Your Name

creativedaniel
Daniel A Member Since: May 11, 2012
1 of 6
Hi guys, If you have seen my previous thread you will see that I have a recent issue withdrawing to Paypal that happened for the first time in 2 years. I wanted to use the LFT method this time but the issue is my name in oDesk currently only has an initial for my last name. LFT requires that the first and last name are in full so I now tried to change my last name initial into my full last name but after saving the changes I got a message that my changes are currently in review. Is this normal? And how long did it actually for some of you? I really want this change fast as I want to setup my LFT asap so I can use it this next Wednesday. Kind Regards, Daniel
gmang
Ace Contributor
German G Member Since: Jun 16, 2013
2 of 6
I think the initial on last name is an option in the preferences which you can change on the fly without any problem. If that's not the case, I have changed my name once (from Germán García to German Garcia). It goes through a validation proccess. In my case it took around a month to get updated (and I asume the validation didn't take any of the time since it's straightforward). Hope it helps.
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
3 of 6
If you look at your profile settings there three different things: your display name is DanielA, as mine is StephenB There is also a user ID which you have set to be unique on the site (eg mine is ****) and there is a NAME, which is your correct name as you are known in life, and will at some time (I presume) have been verified by oDesk (eg mine is Stephen Brightman, as it is on my bank accounts). The real name is very difficult to change and I think only allowed once (for marriage etc). The display name can be changed easily at any stage (I think( and is not related to your bank details HTH *[Removed by Admin]
stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 6
What was removed by admin??
asajid
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
5 of 6
Hi Stephen, I removed your userID as it is not something you want posted publicly - can be a security risk.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
6 of 6
Really? That is not what customer service says. I sent in a ticket that our username was easy to find if you just do a View Source on the person's profile page. I told them it was a security hole and their response is : No, it is designed that way so that agencies can contact contractors to invite them. It went all the way up to Engineering and they just closed the ticket saying it is not a security issue to have the userid so readily available. I also sent a note to legal and they never responded of course. So according to customer server is it not a security problem at all.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS