🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please advise me why I cannot win a single jo...
Page options
irengeorge
Community Member

Please advise me why I cannot win a single job

Hi guys!

I 'm in upwork for a few monts now and red a lot about profile and proposals(I write customized individual proposals) and I even got invited for a raising talent (and got rejected).. 

At this point I just cannot view my stuff as a nonrelated person and see what's not right. 

I'd be SUPER GRATEFUL for you advises. 

I appreciate the time you spend! 🙏  

Thank you so much! 

This is my profile https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/irene

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3b454208
Community Member

I went through your profile. It's pretty good and perfect. There is no need to make changes to your profile.yiu just need to wait for your time and carry on because you just have 1.5 month of joining. Besides this you need to be part of qoura.com and groups and put comments and tell people about your services. In simple words you need marketing and /or advertising. I am an accountant so telling you from business perspective. Good luck.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
bilal1983
Community Member

Irene, I went through your profile, which is well-written. But I have a question. Did you write it yourself? It looks like the person who wrote this post and your profile are not the same.

Hi! Yes, I wrote everything myself. When I write for profile purposes I can't exactly say I write what naturally comes to my mind. I'm usually very shy and I doubt myself hudge time, and I know that doesn't look good so I guess I learned to write so it doesn't show that much... 

I'm open for suggestions if you spot something for improvement 🙂

Thank you!

bobafett999
Community Member

For a brand new freelancer your rate seems to be high.  You need to go through your competition and see how much they charge.  Once you have some experience on upwork you can slowly start increasing your r

Thank you for the answer! 

I calculated my rate as per what I charge elsewhere (I've been a freelance designer for more than 6 years and I also teach design in an education center me and my partner established a few years ago). For the last couple of days, however, I watch YouTubers - up workers that explain the rating system and the concept of starting with low rates until reaching some good reviews...  I decreased it drastically, in my opinion, and hope this would change the situation. 

Thank you again!

3b454208
Community Member

I went through your profile. It's pretty good and perfect. There is no need to make changes to your profile.yiu just need to wait for your time and carry on because you just have 1.5 month of joining. Besides this you need to be part of qoura.com and groups and put comments and tell people about your services. In simple words you need marketing and /or advertising. I am an accountant so telling you from business perspective. Good luck.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members