cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please delete topic.

Vijay D Member Since: Aug 17, 2013
1 of 3
EDITED: I now have reason to believe it was not a scam so mods please delete topic.
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 3
Could go either way. Could be someone new to the platform who accidentally started a freelancer account; and that might also explain the gung-ho attitude to hiring. On the other hand, if the person seemed to know his way around oDesk yet had a blank account; then that would be a cause for suspicion. Hiring people directly isn't a problem...oDesk allows clients to look for suitable contractors and go direct without posting a public job.
Vijay D Member Since: Aug 17, 2013
3 of 3
Thanks for the reply. Well I told him I unfortunately have to decline because I am busy with other projects and he replied that he understood my situation and it is fine. Based on how he replied I think he is now genuine. I would think someone trying to scam me or anyone would be persuasive and try and get me to accept the job. I am genuinely busy with other projects but feel a bit guilty for thinking he was trying to scam me if he is in fact genuine. (Hate thinking the worse of people but we have to, to protect ourselves).
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS