cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please find my issues on my profile. Help Me!

Highlighted
Tamas H Member Since: Jan 12, 2016
1 of 37

Dear All members!

Thank you for reading.

As you know, If client view my profile, My review numbers is grow.

I bidded hardly and carefully to many jobs for 2 months.

But My profile review numbers didn't grow. So I am worry for hidden my account. but no.

I know the most important thing of profile is Overview, Photo, Test, Portfolio...

So I have changed many times it too.

But result is same.

Please help me.

My profile link is 

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0102117174305e4f2c

Please find my overview issues and what's wrong.

Thank you.

Tamas

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2 of 37

One of the issues of your profile is that you're not Ryan McPartlin. And the picture on your profile is of Ryan McPartlin.

The second issue is the fluent English, somehow marked as verified. This is obviously not the case.

Then, your profile is stolen from somebody else, you just copy/pasted the text from another person. And I even don't want to look at your portfolio, I assume it's stolen too.

If I figured it out, clients have as well. Nobody is going to hire someone who lies so blatantly on his profile :-)

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Tamas H Member Since: Jan 12, 2016
3 of 37

Hi Rene

Thanks for your help.

I am fan of Ryan. So I uploaded his photo. 

So then I thought I am working with him now. Smiley Happy What's wrong? 

And I saw many other accounts that don't matched name and photo.

This isn't allow here for me?

But I can't understand profile copy/past.

what's mean? I create it myself.

I hope to hear response.

Best

Tamas

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
4 of 37

Hi Tama,

It doesn't matter what others do, change your profile photo; it's your name, so it should be your photo.
Tell us, how did you get a Fluent in English badge when your English is so bad? To a client, just these two things tell us you're just a liar who cheats in tests. Would you like having someone like that working for you?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 37

Tammy,

You don't seem to have any clue about what is or is not allowed on Upwork.

People who frequent the Community Forum have a penchant for valuing honesty and ethics. Stealing somebody else's identity is not acceptable, even if you were physically able to do so using the Upwork interface.

If you are contrite, demonstrate abject humility, and change your profile entirely so that:

a) nothing on it was stolen

and

b) nothing on it seems to have been stolen

...then maybe Upwork officials who read these forums will be willing to let you continue using this platform, and some forum contributors may forgive your discressions and be willing to overlook them as a result of extremely ignorant exuberance.

If you continue on your current path, you are inviting scorn, recrimination and quite possibly termination.

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
6 of 37
This widget could not be displayed.

Always the same stories: "Please look at my portfolio..., I need help, urgently ..., I cannot find a single job ... " etc. with fake profiles.

At least we could expect a bit more phantasy and intelligence from those who want to fox us. Woman Frustrated

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
7 of 37

Samuel,

The user is verified as having a "Basic" English level, not Fluent. Lets be respectful in our responses and feedback to other users.

Thanks,

Lena

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Samuel W Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
8 of 37

My bad, Lena. I thought it could only mean fluent (in which case my comment would be fair, although my word choice wasn't the best) which meant he'd cheated somehow.. This combined with his rather cheeky reply certainly didn't help.
In that case, I apologise to the OP for being harsh on his English level, although the rest of what was said, by me and others, remains pertinent.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
9 of 37

Hi Tamas,

When editing your profile, It is important that you have a well-written overview of your skills, experience, and background, and it is not copied from anywhere. Be sure to double check for spelling and punctuation errors. Also, please don't forget to use your own picture for your profile as using other people's photos/logos/artworks is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. You may read more information on the profile pictures here

Let me also share a few other resources that you may help you. Check out our educational videos and read the best practice advice shared by other users:

Freelancer Tutorial Videos

Want to get that first job? Then check this out...

Proposal Workshop Video

Goodluck!

Avery

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 37

I knew if I read all the threads on the first page I'd get my fake profile, stolen portfolio fix for the day. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS