cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please find my issues on my profile. Help Me!

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
31 of 37

Hi Kathy,

As previously stated by Valeria, the account in question has been limited. The user is not able to apply for or accept jobs.

Please also take note that using other people's photos for your profile picture is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Services.

Cheers!
Avery

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
32 of 37

"Please also take note that using other people's photos for your profile picture is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Services."

I am quite sure that Kathy is well aware of this Avery, and I would guess she has been a freelancer for a lot longer than you have been a moderator and knows most of the rules and regs  by heart.

Her point was that Upwork  appears to look the other way on these sort of infringements unless there are heated discussions about them on the forum.

Cheers!

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
33 of 37
This widget could not be displayed.

Interesting, the moderator is a freelancer as well...

As soon as the OP comes back with his own identy, he can be handed over to Ryan McPartlin's lawyers. This could be very expensive.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
34 of 37

@Nichola L wrote:

"Please also take note that using other people's photos for your profile picture is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Services."

I am quite sure that Kathy is well aware of this Avery, and I would guess she has been a freelancer for a lot longer than you have been a moderator and knows most of the rules and regs  by heart.

Her point was that Upwork  appears to look the other way on these sort of infringements unless there are heated discussions about them on the forum.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
35 of 37

Nichola L wrote:I would guess she has been a freelancer for a lot longer than you have been a moderator and knows most of the rules and regs  by heart.

Cheers!

There is no need to be rude to Avery. Give the girl a break!

Upwork don't "look the other way" unless there are heated discussions, it is not often apparent what has been done and if you feel strongly about it raise a ticket.

Ripping into a new moderator isn't going to achieve anything. It's not her fault.

Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
36 of 37

Without this quote - "Please also take note that using other people's photos for your profile picture is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Services." , it would look a bit rude, but I don't think what Nichola wrote was rude Petra. 

With Nichola bringing up the fact that Kathy knows the rules and regulations very well, that's a factual statement according to Nichola. I don't think that Nichola was 'ripping into her'. 

When the new mod said to 'take note', that's seems like information that wasn't necessary to relay to Kathy, who's an experienced freelancer. On the screen those 2 words can be seen much differently than they were intended - or seen exactly as they were intended. 

Upwork does seem to be more lenient with tos abusers that aren't from countries where English is the first language spoken. Whether that's true or not, that's a common perception. What Upwork could do to is to provide a translation app on the site itself so that there's never any reason to claim some loophole by a freelancer that creates fraudulent profiles. Personally, most people in any country should know that lying about skills or who you are is wrong, but apparently, there's still plenty people that haven't caught on that lying is bad. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
37 of 37

Hi All,

Note that this thread has been closed for further replies. Tamas has to communicate with the team via the open ticket regarding his account issues.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS