🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please fix the Android app notifications
Page options
bourokit
Community Member

Please fix the Android app notifications

It's costing me jobs. I seem to only get timely notifications on my mobile when the Upwork website/client is open on my PC, but otherwise they either get delayed or I don't receive them at all, until the next time I come back and login again on my PC - by which time it's usually too late because then what's the point of having a mobile?

This is really frustrating as I wish I could just trust the app is doing its job and worry about other things in life.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Talal,

I would also recommend to try and follow our troubleshooting steps at the bottom of this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Talal,

Just to confirm, are you referring to receiving notifications when nob jobs are posted?

If yes, please keep in mind that our mobile app does not have this option. if you would like to receive notifications like this you will need to set up an RSS feed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, no I mean message/chat notifications specifically. Sorry for not making that clearer.

Thank you for the clarification, Talal,

Have you tried reinstalling the mobile app?

~ Goran
Upwork

I did some while ago, but will try again now and let you know. To make the issue perfectly clear again:

- I do receive chat notifications on my mobile, when the website and PC client are online on my PC.

- I tend to not receive them if I'm away and my PC session is logged off. Then only when I come back do I discover that a client or prospective client has left me an important message hours ago. (and only then does the mobile notification finally arrive!!)

So there seems to be some weird interaction/interference between the PC sessions and the mobile app.

Hi Talal,

I would also recommend to try and follow our troubleshooting steps at the bottom of this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran I have applied the settings and will report back! 🙂

This seems to have solved it. Thanks Goran!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members