🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Please give me feedback on how to be hire...
Page options
lloydmadonna
Community Member

Please give me feedback on how to be hired

Hi,

I actively applying jobs here in upwork since December. I received some invites but no one wants to hire me. I even asked one employer if he can give be feedback of improvement. I want to be hired. 

I am honest with my skills. Is being a conversational in English speaking is negative? I am applying for customer service or virtual assistant.

please give me some pointers of improvement.

8 REPLIES 8
allpurposewriter
Community Member

Tell them what they want to hear. If they want you to jump rope on ice skates while balancing a ball on the end of your nose and singing the national anthem tell them you can do that in three languages.

I am a very persistent person. Pushy I guess. I asked one employer why he did not hire me when he accepted my application. He simply said he hired someone else.  Some people accept my profile and message me “hi” but no interview. Then it’s the end.

Anthony H wrote:

Tell them what they want to hear. If they want you to jump rope on ice skates while balancing a ball on the end of your nose and singing the national anthem tell them you can do that in three languages.

What absolutely dreadful advice. I assume you were joking. In that case, make it clear.

There are enough freelancers crashing and burning and ending up with unhappy clients and poor feedback, without people encouraging newbies that the way to success is through lying about their skills.

joansands
Community Member

I looked at your profile. You have some spelling errors on it so I think that would put some clients off if they see them. I suggest you improve your profile wording if you want to get hired.

Thanks for that feedback

Is my wordings is very Asian?

They certainly aren't English. Your degree from a college in the Phillippenes looks odd since you say you live in Wisconsin. That may cause some clients to look askance at your profile.

Are you fluent in Spanish? If so, you may look for work in Customer Service in that language. Your English doesn't appear to be strong enough.

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths