🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please guide me what should i do?
Page options
surendra_tyagi
Community Member

Please guide me what should i do?

Hello,

I am working a WordPress project before start contracts Client given me 5 functionality - design points and 1 payment getway point.

Total Buget 160 USD.

1) Before start contracts  we did video call via upwork, client shared his screen and explain me all his points.

2) Client was not sure about payment getway, i said to him search about it and then get back to me which payment getway do you want to implement. Client said ok.

3) Then i have started work first MILESTONES web design (Budget 80 USD) .

4) I have completed all five points, client said to me all good he is very happy, after then client given me 5 more new points.

5) I said to client please approve my first MILESTONES web design (Budget 80 USD)  then add new MILESTONES  for other 5 points.

6) Then client to me -

Previous tasks took 2 hours from your time. And these are also mini tasks.
We can give bonus if work was as expected. So far work is great. Keep it up

7) I said to client -

it doesn't matter i took 2 hours or more, but i want to make it clear. Yesterday we discussed 5 points + payment gateway.
Today you told me 5 more point.
Now you said me - More points can be to fix Coupons Page & After Checkout need to make a page for Invoice & Provide Customers with Upload Methods
Can you please explain all points at once, maybe tomorrow you have more points?

😎 Client said to me he will not give more new points in first MILESTONES web design (Budget 80 USD) then i have started work and done all 10 points.

9) Still client is giving me new task in same first MILESTONES web design (Budget 80 USD), i am not sure what should i do?

10 ) Now  client said me to -

I'm not professional web developer I don't know points. I told you from beginning I have website tweaks need help. Right?

No need to argue. Thank you for your work. I'll pay you for this work so far. Don't do more work if you don't want.
Thanks Vikas

You agree for this?

11) what should i say to client? I have already spend 7 to 8 hours on this project.

Please guide me.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kat303
Community Member

If you have completed the requirements/scope of work  outlined for the 1st milestone, then you should be paid for that - $80. If you haven't already, click on the Submit Work/Request Payment Button. (If you've already done this don't click on it again as it sets the clock back to the beginning ) Then just wait. If the client doesn't request CHANGES to the work you've done, you'll automatically get whatever is in escrow at the end of 14 days. The client can request changes to work you've already done, but can't ask for additional work above and beyond what was stated in the contract. (unless, like you said he creates another milestone and fully funds it.) 

If you've done that extra work, those 5 extra points, don't expect to be paid for it. 

Hi XXX. No need for any arguing. I am more then happy to do any work above and beyond the scope of work set for the 1st milestone. All you have to do is to release the escrowed funds in the first milestone and set a new milestone for $XXX and I will start working on those 5 extra points. How would you like to proceed with this?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kat303
Community Member

If you have completed the requirements/scope of work  outlined for the 1st milestone, then you should be paid for that - $80. If you haven't already, click on the Submit Work/Request Payment Button. (If you've already done this don't click on it again as it sets the clock back to the beginning ) Then just wait. If the client doesn't request CHANGES to the work you've done, you'll automatically get whatever is in escrow at the end of 14 days. The client can request changes to work you've already done, but can't ask for additional work above and beyond what was stated in the contract. (unless, like you said he creates another milestone and fully funds it.) 

If you've done that extra work, those 5 extra points, don't expect to be paid for it. 

Hi XXX. No need for any arguing. I am more then happy to do any work above and beyond the scope of work set for the 1st milestone. All you have to do is to release the escrowed funds in the first milestone and set a new milestone for $XXX and I will start working on those 5 extra points. How would you like to proceed with this?

Hello kathy T,

Thanks for your reply.

Before start contracts even i spend many hours to help him related to payment getway becuase he was not sure about recurring subscription. 

After completed 10 tasks, Now client ended project given me 4.40 rating and approved my first MILESTONES.

But i feel sad after first time i got it less than 5 star ratings. Even this time i did good work.

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members