🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Please help me. Being Blackmailed by Clie...
Page options
45ba1862
Community Member

Please help me. Being Blackmailed by Client I Have Been Doing Work For

The man I have been working with for over 2 weeks has just threatened to reverse my $950 check that I have already worked for. This man has asked me to pay $700 of my own money that he is going to "reimburse me for" and I told him I am not comfortable with that and now he is threatening to reverse my payment, AND he still owes me $360.45. Please help me.

5 REPLIES 5
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

What do you mean, he paid you by check? Were you hired on Upwork? I don't see a contract in your profile.

And what kind of a project was this? Brand new logo designers with no portfolios seldom get offered projects for that much money.
prestonhunter
Community Member

Ty,

Christine is correct.

None of what you are saying makes sense.

Either you are doing things very incorrectly, or you are using words and phrases in such a non-standard way that you are being very confusing.

You need to explain your situation in more detail.

Did you receive a physical check?
Do you have an actual Upwork contract listed under "My Jobs"?
Is this an hourly or fixed-price contract?

JoanneP

Hi Ty,

Please send me a PM by clicking on my name so I can check this for you. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

Lol op did you really deposit a check?
kinector
Community Member

A lot of things don't seem like being on track.

If you've received money from someone on this platform, there would be something visible in the Work in Progress tab of your work history page. I see nothing but blank.

If the client has paid you via Upwork's escrow, he can ask for a refund if nothing works out.

If something is done outside Upwork, why should Upwork take responsibility or help in any way? Most likely should do the opposite.

The whole story sounds very strange.

I recommend you read the Terms of Service once more.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members