cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please, help me! How to change my name?

bpankovetsky
Active

I entered when registering the wrong name. I learned that you need to have a real name. I would like to change the real name. What am I to do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
colettelewis
Community Guru

@bpankovetsky B wrote:

I entered when registering the wrong name. I learned that you need to have a real name. I would like to change the real name. What am I to do?

You can't change your user name, but you can change your name (to your real name) on your public profile, but you have to do this through Customer Services. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

And you need to change your profile picutre.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jutta_beinker
Community Guru

As with all walks of life, though shall not lie. I don't think you can change your name, so contact Custoemr service.You do want to change your picture as well..the one you have is not admissable...

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
battershall-ramo
Community Guru

Have you thought of getting married? However, from your profile picture, I'm assuming you're a little young.

don't..just DON'T!!! Cat LOL Cat LOLCat LOL

" The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be "
colettelewis
Community Guru

@bpankovetsky B wrote:

You can't change your user name, but you can change your name (to your real name) on your public profile, but you have to do this through Customer Services. https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

And you need to change your profile picutre.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bpankovetsky,

Please, follow the instructions Nichola shared to change your name and remember that you have to use your real name (first name and last name). Similarly, your profile picture has to be a real recent photo of you and your profile overview needs to have more information about your experience and skills.

Check this video for more tips on how to improve your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS