cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me, I don't have get any job .

labinrahman2014
Laben R Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
1 of 17

I have been working on upwork near about 1 year . I have completed some jobs but now i am trying to get a good proejct near about 2 months, please suggest me . 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 17

Laben,
I recommend you work on your profile.

It lacks focus and the profile text needs to be cleaned up, and maybe re-written entirely.

You may wish to choose one job skill area to focus on. Many of the more successful contractors avoid trying to be all things to everybody, but instead focus on a particular job skill and industry niche which they work to master.

(Oh, and please be careful to avoid posting the same post twice, whether in the same thread or in multiple separate threads. You don't need to do that.)

labinrahman2014
Laben R Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
3 of 17

First Lot of Thanks for your reply . 

okhorev
Ace Contributor
Oleg K Member Since: Jul 10, 2015
4 of 17

I also have same issue.

Upwork need to add option to display total earnings and jobs amount in profile stats and bids person stats list.

It will help a lot to find more work.

People are looking for total hours.

Also soon Upwork will have more jobs - Elance will be moved to Upwork with all their customers. So here you may be will get work.

I believe Elance is larger by features site - so need to move Elance features to Upwork as Elance will be closed and all customers will be forwarded here to Upwork.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
5 of 17

@Oleg K wrote:

I also have same issue.

Upwork need to add option to display total earnings and jobs amount in profile stats and bids person stats list.

It will help a lot to find more work.

People are looking for total hours.

Also soon Upwork will have more jobs - Elance will be moved to Upwork with all their customers. So here you may be will get work.

I believe Elance is larger by features site - so need to move Elance features to Upwork as Elance will be closed and all customers will be forwarded here to Upwork.

Your problems have nothing to do with what you describe. 

Problems I see.

Your picture is dreadful and does not really inspire someone to hire you.

Your Job Success score is 50% - That alone tells a client everything they need to know to not hire you. Who wants to hire someone that only satisified their clients half of the time. As well Upwork is likely to close your account due to that number.

You have a large amount of jobs with No Feedback remarks from previous customers. Upwork views these jobs as being unsuccessful.

You are using a lot of "canned wording" in your overview.

You tell people how Elance felt about your previous employment. You no longer work for Elance.

You don't talk about what you can do for clients, but mostly about yourself.

It is not the system here affecting you...it's the things above.

Good luck.

refxshawon
Md S Member Since: Sep 23, 2015
6 of 17

I have a lot of experience. I can do graphics design,  video editing, audio editing, 2d and 3d animations as well. So I apply for these kind of job and ready to start with anyone. I think I should be choosen for many critical works because-

I am giving an example. You have a job for video editing. So once you will post the job, you will get applicants. Its possible you may want to hire an old freelancer. But if he have skills with video editing only, you will need to provide him lots of requirements as well. But if you choose someone who have both graphics design and video editing, it will your easy option. Just tell him/her your problem. He will fix it. Because as he is a designer, so it is possible he have creativity and a good choice. So he is able to make your video more beautiful. Again if you have issue with audio, you will need to find an audio editor. But if you choose someone who has both experience, he will be able to fix that.

I have all those skills. But I am being frustrated that after applying on over 50 jobs, I haven't get any interview or any invitation. So I think there have any problem with my profile. Can you please suggest me how I can boost my profile?

Best Regards.

Refx Shawon

tgstudio
Community Guru
Amy T Member Since: Jan 31, 2013
7 of 17

Refx,

I would strongly suggest that you use your own work in your portfolio. Anyone can search these images by Google image search and clearly see that some of this is not your original designs. That would be a clear sign to a potential client that they are dealing with someone who is not completely honest.

refxshawon
8 of 17

Thank you for your suggestion. But will I keep there my own work that I have alrewady spread to internet? I also have website. I have put my works on many facebook page, twitts, behance, 4shared, mediafire as open for public so that they can goto my website from those image.

Also I am not only focasing to graphics design. So will I put my youtube videos on my portfolio?

And anyother suggestion would be appriciated.

Thanks.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
9 of 17

The infographic is yours? 

refxshawon
10 of 17

Yes. I just redesigned. It was a little different. I added few icons also. Entirely changed the layout.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS