Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help me out

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tabinda H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
1 of 4

To whom it may concern,

I seek your help regarding a trivial but significant matter.

One of my Clients from Vietnam hired me to write an article  comprising 1000 words on Water filter, which I did the very day, I was asked to do so and submitted the article to the Client. There was no response from the Client for the next two days. I re-submiitted the article the third day and  BLINDLY gave a five star feedback to the cIlient along with good remarks. The only response I got from him besides the payment was a 3 and a half star feed back with nasty remarks saying that I had not complied with his instructions (which according to him were emailed to me by him)

To be honest, I never received any email from him so I asked him to give me the proof of the email(if it was ever sent to me) but till today, he has failed to respond. I contacted the help center of Upwork but the folks there seem to be totally unaware of any solution to such problems. Will somebody help me out?

PS= I have been associated with Odesk(now UPwork) for the last three years as a free-lance writer and this is the first time somebody has tried to deliberately make a mockery of my writing.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 4

Communication disconnect.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
3 of 4

Tabinda, you were paid.

You received feedback.

You'll be fine.

Your communication wasn't perfect, either on the client's side or your side or both.

There's nothing to see here. Move on. Don't pester this client. Why are you contacting customer support about this?

If you really want to, your contractor side interface allows you to append a comment to the feedback you received (which isn't really that bad by the way).

You are not currently in the right emotional state for writing the comment, so I will write it for you:

"Unfortunately the email/messaging software between us meant I missed some instructions, and the client never realized I didn't receive them. The article was well-written but not exactly what he needed. I wish him well."

Ace Contributor
Tabinda H Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
4 of 4

Thanks Preston,

Now I feel relieved. 

Best Regards

Tabinda Habib

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS