🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please help me
Page options
b3256717
Community Member

Please help me

I’m new,and it’s my first job ,I found a job posting that requires me to deposit $40(refundable after 1 month) in order to work? All the work details are very legit except for this aspect. Is this a scam or is it just that the company does not want a freelancer to give up on the job with no responsibility in between?

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Faniz, 

I'm sorry to confirm that requiring freelancers to pay for the job is a violation of the Upwork Terms of Service. Please report suspicious activity by flagging the client's job post as inappropriate or following the steps in this article

I'm sorry you had to experience this. I highly recommend that you read up on the "Safety First!" section of the freelancer resources we have compiled and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Faniz F wrote:

I’m new,and it’s my first job ,I found a job posting that requires me to deposit $40(refundable after 1 month) in order to work? All the work details are very legit except for this aspect. Is this a scam or is it just that the company does not want a freelancer to give up on the job with no responsibility in between?

If a company wanted to ensure loyalty from a freelancer, their best strategy would paying the freelancer a weekly retainer, not wanting to get money from him. 

roberty1y
Community Member

There is no job. If you give them your $40, both it and the "client" will disappear never to be seen again. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members