🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Please how do I handle buyer that used my...
Page options
9f395534
Community Member

Please how do I handle buyer that used my original work and still request a refund in escrow?

Hello everyone,

I need your help and advice on what to do with the situation I have at hand,

I send a proposal for a  job posted on the marketplace, to which the client send me an invitation, while we discuss his project he was convinced that I can do the job, I request him to do the needful by hiring me before I embark on the task, and he immediately hire me...

I make available a result in less than an hour to prove myself and my skill on the task, he made some modifications which resulted in his satisfaction.

After I got one of the 3 tasks done correctly, he said he was up to bed, and he never said to me is not in need of the project, I made sure all the jobs were done correctly for submission, and I sent it across the files to request for the fund in escrow protection, I expected him to accept or request correction if there is any.

My surprise was that he requested the fund in escrow protection after he has successfully downloaded the files submitted.

I think this really unfair.

I don't know what to do. please, should I accept his request or live it to automatically get back to him in days' time from now?

Am confused!!!😕

Am sure he used me for the work...

Please, tell me what to do...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the client didn't pay you for your work, you still own the work.

You nay post it in your portfolio. You may do a DMCA takedown request.

But maybe we aren't to that point yet. If the client REQUESTED a refund, then it means you can say no and still get paid.

The client can not unilaterally get the escrow money back if you don't agree. If he wants the escrow money and you don't agree, then the matter goes to the dispute/mediation stage. During that stage, if it comes to that, you can tell the mediator that you did the work and the client needs to pay for the work, and you don't agree to a refund.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

We'll... you're talking about a client who is straight up a bad person. A thief.

Of course you should not agree to give the client a refund.

Please, kindly guide me on how you think I should deal with this Preston H

Community Member

Hafeez, were all three tasks listed under a single milestone, or did each have their own milestone?

All tasks it's one milestone.

If the client didn't pay you for your work, you still own the work.

You nay post it in your portfolio. You may do a DMCA takedown request.

But maybe we aren't to that point yet. If the client REQUESTED a refund, then it means you can say no and still get paid.

The client can not unilaterally get the escrow money back if you don't agree. If he wants the escrow money and you don't agree, then the matter goes to the dispute/mediation stage. During that stage, if it comes to that, you can tell the mediator that you did the work and the client needs to pay for the work, and you don't agree to a refund.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members