🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Please introduce system where clients can...
Page options
rolludesig
Community Member

Please introduce system where clients can be asked question without connects charged

i hope this option is introduced where a question can be asked to the client but without charging connects..

few project posts are totally unclear of exact requirements and its bit difficult to bid on such projects without knowing the exact requirments

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rahul V wrote:

yes i agree but many projects dont have the full requirements and it do create little confusion while drafting the proposal and exact bid.

You're absolutely right, and you have three options in that case: 1) Don't bid on these projects; 2) If they contain absolutely NO information (i.e. "I need a website") then flag them using the green "Flag as inappropriate" link and select "There's no clear, defined deliverable"; or, 3) Place a bid and specify exactly what your price covers, then say "If I've made incorrect assumptions about your needs, please send me a message so that I can correct them and confirm my price." 

Personally, I usually go with option 1 or 2; especially now that I won't be getting free connects, I won't be wasting them on vaguely-worded RFPs. But if you want to go with option 3, I would advise that you at least check the client's payment and feedback history before deciding whether it's worth placing a bid; if they've got a history of poor feedback and/or low payments made to previous freelancers, then I definitely wouldn't bother.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Rahul V wrote:

i hope this option is introduced where a question can be asked to the client but without charging connects..

That is not likely to happen, because it would be abused. It's been discussed over and over again. Clients would lose the will to live in 5 minutes flat being bombarded with "HIRE ME SIR" messages instead of questions. Clients are already overwhelmed, which is the reason for restricting Connects and charging for them etc. The place to ask questions is in your proposal.

Rahul V wrote:

few project posts are totally unclear of exact requirements and its bit difficult to bid on such projects without knowing the exact requirments

That means you have to be more creative in your proposal.

yes i agree but many projects dont have the full requirements and it do create little confusion while drafting the proposal and exact bid.

Rahul V wrote:

You're absolutely right, and you have three options in that case: 1) Don't bid on these projects; 2) If they contain absolutely NO information (i.e. "I need a website") then flag them using the green "Flag as inappropriate" link and select "There's no clear, defined deliverable"; or, 3) Place a bid and specify exactly what your price covers, then say "If I've made incorrect assumptions about your needs, please send me a message so that I can correct them and confirm my price." 

Personally, I usually go with option 1 or 2; especially now that I won't be getting free connects, I won't be wasting them on vaguely-worded RFPs. But if you want to go with option 3, I would advise that you at least check the client's payment and feedback history before deciding whether it's worth placing a bid; if they've got a history of poor feedback and/or low payments made to previous freelancers, then I definitely wouldn't bother.

yeah true that:) thanks for the valuable guidance:)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members