🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please let me know my thought is correct or n...
Page options
590f59d7
Community Member

Please let me know my thought is correct or not.

Hi, there
Please let me know my thought is correct or not.
My wife is going to do work on Upwork as a freelancer like me, so she's needed to create her account.
1. Is it possible to use the same IP address as our home?
2. Aren't we against the terms of services of Upwork if we use their computer individually?
3. My wife is going to create an account using her Upwork Email and then add her Upwork email to our PayPal account.
After that, she will connect this Upwork Email to the platform's payment method.

I want to know if this is not against the upwork rules.
Thank you very much.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Upwork does not prohibit two people who are married from both having an account on Upwork.

But those accounts must be completely separate.

You must never even know your wife's Upwork password.

The best thing you can do if your wife has an account on Upwork is to NEVER MENTION your wife on Upwork. Not on your profile. Not in the Forum.

I would also advise you to use SEPARATE PayPal accounts, each in your own name.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dataextract
Community Member

It will not be a problem to create her own account. But there will not be any link in between your two accounts. Also if you both use the same computer, always be sure to logout while you finish your work and let her login in her account.

Her Upwork email and Paypal email should be same and the name also same. 

Dear, Mr.Ramesh

Thanks for your help.

So, you mean, this is no problem?

Upwork does not prohibit two people who are married from both having an account on Upwork.

But those accounts must be completely separate.

You must never even know your wife's Upwork password.

The best thing you can do if your wife has an account on Upwork is to NEVER MENTION your wife on Upwork. Not on your profile. Not in the Forum.

I would also advise you to use SEPARATE PayPal accounts, each in your own name.

Thank you for your help.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi David,

Yes, you are allowed to share the same IP address and computer with more users as long as you don't share your account with another person. It's important that you don't share your log in credentials with anybody and don't log into other users' accounts as it's a serious violation of Upwork ToS.

Yes, your wife will be able to add a PayPal account if one of the emails registered with it matches the email registered with her Upwork account. As long as her Upwork and PayPal accounts have the same email addresses, she'll be fine.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
590f59d7
Community Member

Dear, Mr.Bojan
Thank you very much.
Currently, everything is clear. You helped me a lot.
Thanks.

David

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths