Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let us flag jobs as academic fraud

Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
1 of 12
Medical Genetics: Estimated Budget $50 Number of pages - 8 Referencing Style - Harvard Spacing - double Please read the instruction included in the attached files, this coursework will be submitted online meaning that they will check if any plagiarisms or similarity. must follow every single questions needs. Other jobs by the same client: Accounting: answer the questions Finance: answer the questions (There are two of these jobs) Mathematical analysis (In Description - There are some mathematical problems that need me to figure out the answers.) Optimizing Industry/Transportation (In Description - Please ensure that an excel sheet is done for this assignment) All job postings have exams or assignments attached.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 12
I agree 1,000 percent,Marcia. These kind of postings turn my stomach, when I think of the work I put into genuine hard graft and study over the years. I regularly flag them as phishing/fraud, but a specific category would be perfect. It's not just that the fraud is here and now, as you could argue, ahh, let it go, it's not harming me...but assuming these are genuine college/university assignments, these people are in the future if unchallenged going to gain qualifications fraudulently so they can scam their way further through life. bring on the button ASAP.
Highlighted
Community Guru
3 of 12
I almost want to take the jobs, completely mess up the assignments so the student fails, then return the money so I don't get negative feedback.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
4 of 12
You could write a line on every fifth page saying "this assignment has been paid for by (client's name) and s/he has had no hand in the writing of it." They probably wouldn't read it anyway, but wouldn't it be fun to see their face when the supervisor asked them about it - worth the money Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Community Guru
5 of 12
I want 3200 words full length Theoretical research paper which includes Abstract, Introduction, literature survey, research observations and discussions, conclusion with suitable headings and sub headings which exactly relevant to the title which will be given at the discussion. Est. budget $25. Offensive in two ways - because of the fraud and because of the price.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Nov 5, 2011
6 of 12
How many of us have gone the Medical Genetics and flagged it? Its still there, along with all his other academic ones.
Highlighted
Marta T Member Since: Nov 13, 2015
7 of 12

Jobs not violating academic integrity is supposedly one of the requirements for posting, but it's not one of the selections to flag a job as inappropriate. They're posted more and more frequently, and I have yet to see one pulled off of Upwork. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Cairenn R Member Since: Aug 19, 2015
8 of 12

Another one today - and the person has a whole list of job postings for these jobs asking $50 for a complete thesis.   

What is especially scary is that the people using these are going to go on to get degrees in professional fields that will be responsible for the safety and lives of others. Doctors, Architects, etc. 

Upwork - please include this button on the client profile AND the job posts. There are too many of these posts that need to be taken down ASAP.

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
9 of 12

Came across a posting for a computer science project today, and flagged it as phishing/fraud. The client actually attached a word document from Sheffield Hallam University specifying the assignment, although due date on it was in March 2015 -- I guess instructor hadn't bothered changing the document for the new semester. Client was looking for an intermediate freelancer, so I imagine a B grade would be good enough. Once he graduates with a shiny new computer science degree, he'll probably be able to afford experienced freelancers to do his work. Cat Tongue

Tricia J Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
10 of 12

I can't believe they were stupid enough to identify their university! Were you at all tempted to report them to the University directly (though I suppose there's not way of identifying them)? 

I saw a post on here a short time ago by a social care worker looking for someone to write up their daily case notes; the job post included a document with (presumably) confidential information about a named client. I reported it at the time and again when I noticed it still there a few days later. As far as I know it was not removed.

It seems that Upwork don't really act on reports - or do they? I hate seeing these cheats.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS