Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let us flag jobs as academic fraud

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
11 of 12

@Tricia J wrote:

I can't believe they were stupid enough to identify their university! Were you at all tempted to report them to the University directly (though I suppose there's not way of identifying them)?  

It seems that Upwork don't really act on reports - or do they? I hate seeing these cheats.

I did a quick search of the university web site, but couldn't find either the course or the instructor listed. The document has a revision date of 26/11/15 so perhaps it's too early to show up in the website. As freelancers, I think flagging it is the most we can do -- it's up to Upwork to take corrective measures.

12 of 12
This widget could not be displayed.

Anybody who has a serious interest to be successful in ones studies cannot be interested to deliver a 50-Dollar-Copy & Bulk-Paper to maybe Harvard University. So easy to detect this fraud and end of a promising academic career.

Why is no academic fraud button here on Upwork? There are so many of these jobs here. Sometimes, I ask myself: Are those asking for this work really interested in this paper or something else? There was one bogus client in Elance who chased me with academic fraud job offers, I refused, again and again, his job offers were taken down but he returned to me several times with the same job offers.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS