cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Please provide an AppImage, Snap or Flatpak package of the Tracker app for Linux

Ferenc P Member Since: Oct 9, 2018
1 of 4

In the downloads page I can only see a .deb and an .rpm version of the Upwork Tracker app.
I currently run a Linux distribution called Solus, which has a different package manager, it doesn't support neither DEB nor RPM packages.

However there are some general package formats which most Linux distros support, like AppImage, Snap or Flatpak. It would be great if Upwork would provide their desktop app in any of these formats.

I know that for now I could use a workaround, like a Docker image to make it work, but that's a workaround, I think a Linux app wich is distro agnostic would be a much better solution.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2 of 4

Hi Ferenc,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our product managers.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
George J Member Since: Nov 9, 2014
3 of 4

I wouldn't hold my breath. I've asked for a CentOS compatible version a few times with zero results and CentOS is a distro used by quite a few Upwork clients. All of the Linux clients I've had through Upwork ran CentOS and plenty that I've applied to run it (or RHEL, which it's based on).

The focus on Fedora and Ubuntu is terribly shortsighted and keeps many of us from using the distro we're most comfortable with.

Parijat C Member Since: Mar 11, 2019
4 of 4

I second that. instead of deb/rpm,  a flatpak/snap would be usable on any linux system.

However it has been long time since this issue was raised long time back and no update on it yet ?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS