🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please rate my profile and portfolio
Page options
desality
Community Member

Please rate my profile and portfolio

Please review my profile and portfolio and provide valubale suggestions to improve it. I would be very thankfull to all of you 

Regards

Rahul

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jennifer, it's pretty simple. There are several people in Rahul's body. That must be it.

Actually, it's not difficult to explain and it's a fairly common thing called split personality. Let Rahul be, he is who they are. And it's perfectly fine, why should we tell who he is/they are? 👍

Some people can have even more than 2 personalities trapped inside their bodies (it's on the internet so it must be true... or wait, was it an old X-files episode, maybe?).

To Rahul and to whoever other person/people residing in Rahul's body actually is/are, I'd recommend the following.

Try to avoid swinging the hourly rate. It looks random which might indicate uncertainty when you go from $15+ back to $10 (that's a drop by more than one-third). The clients might think that you guys are not progressing much... I'm guessing you are doing value-based pricing which is absolutely the right way to do things but in terms of the profile and work history you leave behind, it doesn't actually work if the price goes down a lot every now and then. It gives the message that the clients might get 33% off any time if the negotiations go well... You don't want that.

This might happen because clients might not realize there's a big gap between those years you've been active here, because the rates are shown with a bigger font than the dates.

Now, your list rate is $30, but your rate you are billing your current client is one-third of that rate, $10. This looks strange. Change your list rate.

So, if you (that is, all the people in Rahul's body) are starting anew after quitting in 2016 and you're starting again from the bottom, your list rate should reflect that. Be honest and work your way up through the ranks. You will get there eventually but it might take some patience.

So, the biggest discrepancy is the price you hope to bill vs. the price you actually bill. For all the other parts, I think your profile is pretty good and focused. Nice job!

All the best, Rahul (and all the other personalities trapped inside Rahul's body). You (guys) rock! 👍

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jr-translation
Community Member

Rahul D wrote:

Please review my profile and portfolio and provide valubale suggestions to improve it. I would be very thankfull to all of you 

Regards

Rahul

Your profile is set to private.

Wierd i have changed the visibiltiy to public. here it is https://www.upwork.com/fl/rahuld.

Thanks  Jennifer for letting me know! 

Rahul D wrote:

Wierd i have changed the visibiltiy to public. here it is https://www.upwork.com/fl/rahuld.

Thanks  Jennifer for letting me know! 

1. Why "We"? You are an indivudual.
2. You need to remove the portfolio item with the massage tool.

Thanks for the feedback. Will fix it!

Jennifer, it's pretty simple. There are several people in Rahul's body. That must be it.

Actually, it's not difficult to explain and it's a fairly common thing called split personality. Let Rahul be, he is who they are. And it's perfectly fine, why should we tell who he is/they are? 👍

Some people can have even more than 2 personalities trapped inside their bodies (it's on the internet so it must be true... or wait, was it an old X-files episode, maybe?).

To Rahul and to whoever other person/people residing in Rahul's body actually is/are, I'd recommend the following.

Try to avoid swinging the hourly rate. It looks random which might indicate uncertainty when you go from $15+ back to $10 (that's a drop by more than one-third). The clients might think that you guys are not progressing much... I'm guessing you are doing value-based pricing which is absolutely the right way to do things but in terms of the profile and work history you leave behind, it doesn't actually work if the price goes down a lot every now and then. It gives the message that the clients might get 33% off any time if the negotiations go well... You don't want that.

This might happen because clients might not realize there's a big gap between those years you've been active here, because the rates are shown with a bigger font than the dates.

Now, your list rate is $30, but your rate you are billing your current client is one-third of that rate, $10. This looks strange. Change your list rate.

So, if you (that is, all the people in Rahul's body) are starting anew after quitting in 2016 and you're starting again from the bottom, your list rate should reflect that. Be honest and work your way up through the ranks. You will get there eventually but it might take some patience.

So, the biggest discrepancy is the price you hope to bill vs. the price you actually bill. For all the other parts, I think your profile is pretty good and focused. Nice job!

All the best, Rahul (and all the other personalities trapped inside Rahul's body). You (guys) rock! 👍

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths