🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please restore client names on Active Proposa...
Page options
joduxbury
Community Member

Please restore client names on Active Proposals list

I have several active proposals with very similar job titles. No longer being able to see the client names for each of these on the Active Proposals list is annoying. It makes managing my active proposals frustrating as I have to click through to each proposal to see who it was for - clunky UX which wastes time.

I understand this recent change was to deter freelancers from contacting clients outside of Upwork. However if we are already interviewing with the clients we know who they are - why not include their names on the Active Proposals list? 

9 REPLIES 9
petra_r
Community Member

Jo D wrote:

I have several active proposals with very similar job titles. No longer being able to see the client names for each of these on the Active Proposals list is annoying. It makes managing my active proposals frustrating as I have to click through to each proposal to see who it was for - clunky UX which wastes time.

.However if we are already interviewing with the clients we know who they are - why not include their names on the Active Proposals list? 

You appear to be mixing up two different things - submitted proposals (where you sent a proposal and have not been contacted and can't see the client's name) and active proposals / candidacies (where you are being interviewed and can see the client's name.)

No, I'm not mixing up those two. I am referring to Active Proposals only. 

As per my initial post, I can no longer see my clients' names on my Active Proposals list - the proposals for which I am being interviewed. 

Jo D wrote:

As per my initial post, I can no longer see my clients' names on my Active Proposals list - the proposals for which I am being interviewed. 

Oh I see, you mean the list itself, rather than on the proposals where you do see them...

Yes Petra, as I stated 3 times in my initial post as well as in the post title, I am referring to the Active Proposals list. 

Same here. I can't see client names on the active proposals list anymore either.

Yes, it's annoying.

Why was it changed anyway? And w/o any kind of announcement?

Hi Jo,

Thanks for the sharing your feedback and experience with using the client names to discern between different jobs that have a similar title. I'll follow up with our team and provide more information here soon.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks Vladimir.

Hi Jo,

I received a confirmation that the client names were removed from the Active Proposals section ten days ago, at the same time we removed client names from proposals and invitations to interview. You can find more information in this recent discussion and on the original announcement thread. Our team is considering different visibility options for displaying client company names, including on jobs within this section, but we don't have any information at the moment. We apologize for the confusion and thank you for sharing your perspective.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thanks Vladimir. 

I saw those announcements, which is why I said in my first post that I understand the reason for the client names being removed. It's far less relevant on the Active Proposals list though.

Please add my request to that discussion you mentioned about visibility options, and please do follow up here if anything changes. Thanks. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members