🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Please review my profile, I can't get hired.
Page options
yusef_lateef
Community Member

Please review my profile, I can't get hired.

I've been on Upwork for a while, I have lots of skills that I've developed over the years, but can't get hired. Multiple proposals have been sent out. But I can't get even a single whimper of a response yet.

Please review my profile and suggest any potential improvements that I can implement. I would love to get started on this platform, I have a lot to offer! Thanks in advance!
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
robin_hyman
Community Member

You need to change your strategy.  Telephone sellers are a dying breed.  Focus more on business development for companies and don't limit yourself to sales "calls".  Today businesses are hiring others abroad for peanuts to conduct sales calls.  You can't compete with your $20/hour wage.  

Take a look at other profiles in related fields (business development, general sales, etc.).  Note how they position themselves and their services.  Be careful not to copy or you will be suspended.  

Good luck to you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
robin_hyman
Community Member

You need to change your strategy.  Telephone sellers are a dying breed.  Focus more on business development for companies and don't limit yourself to sales "calls".  Today businesses are hiring others abroad for peanuts to conduct sales calls.  You can't compete with your $20/hour wage.  

Take a look at other profiles in related fields (business development, general sales, etc.).  Note how they position themselves and their services.  Be careful not to copy or you will be suspended.  

Good luck to you!

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members