Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please review my profile I did not get my first job

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Deluar H Member Since: Nov 16, 2015
11 of 47

Loredana B Actually english is not my native language. I am able to communicate as very well via this language but I understand that I have to be more perfect at that language. You have more command on this language. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Loredana B Member Since: Feb 26, 2016
12 of 47

@Mohammad Deluar H wrote:

Loredana B Actually english is not my native language. I am able to communicate as very well via this language but I understand that I have to be more perfect at that language. You have more command on this language. Thank you. 

English is not my native language either, THAT'S WHY I would never mention on my overview that I can offer writing, Public Relations, or Social Media Marketing (that involves strategy, development and implementation of campaigns, etc) services.

Because I can't. And I'm pretty sure you can't either.

So go back on that profile of yours and re-evaluate everything written on it. Choose some skills that don't require perfect English grammar and vocabulary, and focus exclusively on those.

I don't think PR or SMM is going to work out for you on here.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
13 of 47

What these people do is just spam facebook and twitter with links. That's their "marketing." I've had to educate clients before that hiring some $3/hour fb spammer is a waste of time. You need someone to engage the audience and build followers. You can't do that with just posting random junk article links on someone's social media.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
14 of 47

@Jennifer M wrote:

What these people do is just spam facebook and twitter with links. That's their "marketing." I've had to educate clients before that hiring some $3/hour fb spammer is a waste of time. You need someone to engage the audience and build followers. You can't do that with just posting random junk article links on someone's social media.

I am giving a draft to you about a social media marketing campaign sample : 

suppose you are going to promote a product.

--------------------------------------------------------

Then first you have to search about something like : 

1. You have to understand what kind of product it is

2. Related product in market and their price

3. Related product design, cost, value , presence in market

4. Product users age

5. How often that product used to people

6. How much could be the price of that product.

7. Product design

8. users age, gender, time, season, purpose, geo, demand etc

campaign time:

-------------------------------

a marketing campaign average time is one year. after one year any company could determine or could explain about audience reach, product strength. 

Based of companies supply and demand, product users etc a product marketing area should define. 

Online marketing platform: 

1. In which platform this product could be marketise

2. Facebook, instagram, linkedin, Google plus, twitter. 

Marketing materials : 

Video, Press release, advertisement, photo, news broadcasts, newpaper ads, commercial ads and many more. 

Price changing and branding

---------------------------------------

By time to time you have to change price , design, offers, branding style and many more. 

This is a short sample of marketing discussion. By reading this discussion do you think only link sharing is marketing ? And did you find me that I am only sharing links at facebook or twitter for marketing purpose only ? If not then how you told What these people do is just spam facebook and twitter with links. That's their "marketing."

I have seen many social media marketers profile here and have seen their poor online marketing style. But thats not mean that I am following them, they also got many contracts here. 

I've had to educate clients before that hiring some $3/hour fb spammer is a waste of time

Ok well you could do that, I have seen your profile and got you are engineer and doing marketing and sales. See at my profile I passed SMM skills test here. Do you think that without knowing SMM skills I passed that test ? 

Also see at my profile work experience that I was intern sales representative from there I learn something practically. 

You need someone to engage the audience and build followers

Only engaging and building followers is not marketing. Marketing is target based selling. SELL or SALES. Company gives target sales also and that is their main target. 

Also one more thing I have passed my MSS in Economics. Where always have to study about consumers behavior. product, price, market, production and many more. 

You are a GURU here but that does not mean that you have the right to under estimate any one. Deeply mind your behavior. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
15 of 47

Jennifer M 

Please do not mind. May be I replied to you as something hardly. But I like your suggestions. 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
16 of 47

@Loredana B wrote:

English is not my native language either, THAT'S WHY I would never mention on my overview that I can offer writing, Public Relations, or Social Media Marketing (that involves strategy, development and implementation of campaigns, etc) services.

Because I can't. And I'm pretty sure you can't either.

So go back on that profile of yours and re-evaluate everything written on it. Choose some skills that don't require perfect English grammar and vocabulary, and focus exclusively on those.

I don't think PR or SMM is going to work out for you on here.

And I'm pretty sure you can't either.  Thinking about your suggestion. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Loredana B Member Since: Feb 26, 2016
17 of 47

And I'm pretty sure you can't either.  Thinking about your suggestion. 

lol Actually I've been successfully doing it for years, thank you. Doesn't work that bad on Upwork either, as you can see.

But since your English is as rusty as your SMM knowledge you still don't understand what I'm trying to say.

I don't offer international clients services that involve writing / creative writing. So no press releases, no articles, no Digital Marketing Campaigns, no Social Media Marketing campaigns. I only stick to national (local) projects that require me to write in my native language. I don't cross that line.

I do offer Consultancy and SM Account Management services to clients in the niche I'm specialized in because I don't need perfect English to know what they need and how they can get there. That's my field and I can pretty much rock it in three languages, not just one. But if there's writing involved, I always ask them to hire a PR or a writer, depending on the type of material needed.

So... don't worry about me, I'm not the "mind-blowing" freelancer that can't land a job. Smiley Wink

Some people on here really tried to give you nice and honest advice, I don't understand where did all the bitterness come from, but I most certainly won't invest another minute on this thread.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
18 of 47

If I go by your profile and posts here, I wouldn't even rate your English as “fluent”. Sorry.

And that profile pic... seriously.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
19 of 47

Isabelle Anne A 

Then I will fix my english level at conversational. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
20 of 47

Isabelle Anne A 

Then I will fix my english level at conversational. Thank you. 

And don't forget to check out duolingo.com!!! It's amazing for anyone who wants to learn another language!  

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS