Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please review my profile I did not get my first job

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
41 of 47

It's impossible to tell if I'm right or not. However, I definitely feel there's much more defensiveness shown when a woman makes a constructive criticism than a man. He may well be entirely innocent in this case, but there does seem to be much greater acceptance of fault if it's a man pointing it out (though not me obviously Cat Very Happy)

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
42 of 47

I'm not sure anyone  really owns a thread though! Of course, any thread I comment on repeatedly tends to be closed anyway, or even disappear altogether Cat Embarassed

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Probuddha N Member Since: Aug 29, 2015
43 of 47

Mohammad

There is a lot that goes into selecting a suitable candidate for a job, the profile being a good starting point, but more importantly it's about how you communicate with the prospective client and how well you can sell your services.

I had a quick look at your profile and I think you need to change certain elements of it:

1. Profile Pic - Put up a professional and high quality profile pic of yours. This guide can help you with that - https://www.upwork.com/blog/2014/10/how-to-guide-perfect-profile-picture/

2. Too many fields of expertise - You may have worn different hats in the past, but it's always better to keep your profile targeted to one or two areas of expertise max, having so many skillsets confuse clients.

3. Mind-Blowing Graphic Designer - You are good without the 'Mind-Blowing' part. Whether you're mind blowing or otherwise, is for the clients to decide.

4. Rewrite your service description and as I mentioned above, focus on 1-2 key areas.

5. No need to display all your tests, just display the ones which are related to your skillset.

6. Hone your English and Communication skills - Here at Upwork, we mostly deal with clients from English speaking nations, so having a decent command over the language would certainly help you in getting jobs and communicating with clients.

You have got many great ideas on this thread already. I hope you will work on them and improve your overall online persona. Keep bidding on jobs and soon you'll land your first one.

Good luck

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Deluar H Member Since: Nov 16, 2015
44 of 47

@Probuddha N wrote:

Mohammad

There is a lot that goes into selecting a suitable candidate for a job, the profile being a good starting point, but more importantly it's about how you communicate with the prospective client and how well you can sell your services.

I had a quick look at your profile and I think you need to change certain elements of it:

1. Profile Pic - Put up a professional and high quality profile pic of yours. This guide can help you with that - https://www.upwork.com/blog/2014/10/how-to-guide-perfect-profile-picture/

2. Too many fields of expertise - You may have worn different hats in the past, but it's always better to keep your profile targeted to one or two areas of expertise max, having so many skillsets confuse clients.

3. Mind-Blowing Graphic Designer - You are good without the 'Mind-Blowing' part. Whether you're mind blowing or otherwise, is for the clients to decide.

4. Rewrite your service description and as I mentioned above, focus on 1-2 key areas.

5. No need to display all your tests, just display the ones which are related to your skillset.

6. Hone your English and Communication skills - Here at Upwork, we mostly deal with clients from English speaking nations, so having a decent command over the language would certainly help you in getting jobs and communicating with clients.

You have got many great ideas on this thread already. I hope you will work on them and improve your overall online persona. Keep bidding on jobs and soon you'll land your first one.

Good luck

wow apreciate your suggestions. 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
45 of 47

Hi All,

Please, note that a few comments have been removed from this thread. Please, be respectful toward other participants of the Community and mindful of the Community Guidelines.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mohammad Deluar H Member Since: Nov 16, 2015
46 of 47

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi All,

Please, note that a few comments have been removed from this thread. Please, be respectful toward other participants of the Community and mindful of the Community Guidelines.

Thank you Valeria K 

Highlighted
This widget could not be displayed.
47 of 47
This widget could not be displayed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS