🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Please verify you are a human. I am recei...
Page options
atifsadiq7
Community Member

Please verify you are a human. I am receiving this error from few days when i open my upwork app.

Please verify you are a human. I am receiving this error from a few days when I open my Upwork app or ID on the browser. Just want the confirmation that is it authentic or not. This is sponsored by perimeterX.Inc. I am also attaching a screenshot of it. Please give me some advice about it. Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Atif,

Asking users to enter CAPTCHA when we detect unusual activity is one of the tools Upwork uses to help ensure a safe online workplace. That said, it's not normal when CAPTCHA appears too often.

Please make sure that

• Javascript is enabled
  • Cookies are enabled
  • Your browser does not block ads
  • Your browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools.

For the Desktop App, you can try the troubleshooting tips shared in this help article.  If the issue persists, please report it following the ''How do I report a problem?'' section of the previously shared troubleshooting guide, and our team will assist you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
c3bd0a9f
Community Member

Im getting this 10-15 times a day at the moment.... why is it that of all the other 100s of websites i visit every week upwork is the only one with this issue. Maybe you can find some nice programmers on your platform to help out?

140af35c
Community Member

140af35c
Community Member

Please verify you are a human. I am receiving this error from a few days when I open my Upwork app or ID on the browser. Just want the confirmation that is it authentic or not. This is sponsored by perimeterX.Inc. I am also attaching a screenshot of it. Please give me some advice about it. Thanks

Hi Bipin,

Have you tried the steps that Bojan shared here? If you haven't already, could you please do, and please let us know if the issue persists.

~ Joanne
Upwork
3a49d474
Community Member

Hi,

I am receiving "Please verify you are a human" when I open Upwork on the browser. Javascript and Cookies are also enabled in my browser. I have attached a screenshot.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nirmal, 

Could you please check if the solutions posted by Bojan here resolve your issue? Let us know if the issue persists so that our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
3a49d474
Community Member

Hi Avery,

Javascript and Cookies are enabled in my browser. I received that message twice yesterday. But I haven't received it today yet. However, today I couldn't login to my Upwork account in Chrome. Is there any problem with my account?

Hi Nirmal,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran! 

I am experiencing this issue too. I have attached screenshots for reference. My app says the "connection lost" when I have a good internet connection. 

This is my ticket Id: cdf8a1c0-b03d-11ec-92bf-d9f37c205c9e

Hi Angelique,

Generally, captcha feature is part of the security process and it can't be completely disabled. That said here are steps that can be taken to limit the number of times CAPTCHA is required:

• Enable Javascript
  • Enable Cookies
  • Ensure browser is not blocking ads
  • Ensure browser is not blocking Upwork analytical tools

Could you please let us know if you continue getting the request and having issues with App's connection after checking that and clearing your cache and cookies?
~Andrea
Upwork
alexandernovikov
Community Member

Got this thing today myself too! But just once. I think it was some glitch in Upwork's system.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths