🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Politely turning down a job offer
Page options
bowie125
Community Member

Politely turning down a job offer

I agreed to complete a job for a potential client, but he’s quickly become patronising and a little passive aggressive in his demands, and tried to get me to work for less money than we initially agreed upon - in a dishonest way. He has now agreed to pay me the full amount, but I feel this job will be more trouble than it’s worth, so I’m not going to sign the contract. How do I turn him down in a professional way?

Thanks.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Tell him:

"Leonard:

Thank you again for inviting me to work on the project. Unfortunately something has come up for me that means I won't be able to work on the project. I wish you well as you move forward with this."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

Tell him:

"Leonard:

Thank you again for inviting me to work on the project. Unfortunately something has come up for me that means I won't be able to work on the project. I wish you well as you move forward with this."

Thank you, Preston.

Don't forget to block them.  Some clients when turned down can target you or sometimes even try to politely hire you for "something nice" just to leave you negative feedback. I always block when I see things were not what they looked like. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members