🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Poor Tracing of Funds
Page options
ceecri
Community Member

Poor Tracing of Funds

You just have a really poor way of finding out tracing freelancers funds. To the extent that I have to personally call to your banking partner, read them the reference number of my transaction, for funds to refunded or forwarded to me. And this happens each time. I literally have to contact Upwork after I make a withdrawal to report not receiving money. If I was a client you'd move heaven and earth to see that any money issues are resolved.
12 REPLIES 12
tta192
Community Member

It sounds more like something your bank is handling incorrectly. Upwork does not want you to have to interact with support at all, because it costs them money to provide that. It makes more sense to ensure payments work as intended- and they usually do.

You could try it one more time to clarify the issue with your bank, but if they keep shifting the blame then just move your account elsewhere and be done with it.

ceecri
Community Member

You don't understand, I don't have the arrangement with the bank. It's
Upwork that does. They use the bank to send funds to my Mpesa. So it is an
Upwork issue. They can find a better banking partner.

Hi Gliceria,

I'm sorry to hear that it has taken longer than usual for you to receive your funds. I can see there's a support ticket already created for your case and the team handling it should get in touch with you as soon as they have any updates. Again, sorry for any inconvenience this could've caused. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
gilliansanger
Community Member

Hi Gliceria,

I am having the same problem as you. Upwork has initiated a trace but I have heard nothing (I withdrew on Dec. 28th and it is now Jan 19th and nothing's come through to me). I want to reach out to someone myself, but my bank won't do anything about it. Did you contact Upwork's bank/payment provider directly? If so, what bank is that? I was given a 'document ID' so could potentially try to do this myself.

Hi Gillian,

I`m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. If you have any questions regarding your funds or the trace, feel free to follow up directly on your ticket with number 30644087. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Gillian. Given that we're in different countries, I'd assume the banking partner Upwork uses in my country is different from yours. The first time, I complained until Upwork gave me a transaction reference number which I relayed to NCBA bank. The bank told me they had returned the money to Upwork, which I told the agent handling my ticket and only then did they return the money in my Upwork account. Mind you, this was after three weeks.The other times (sadly, this has happened severally) it took lots of complaining and daily reminders to get my money. Ask them to give you proof of payment; their banking partner should have send it to them by now if at all they've been tracing your funds. If they can't then it shows you didn't receive your money and it should be returned to your Upwork. 

Thank you Gliceria! Has Upwork ever given any kind of explanation as to why this happens? I want to make another withdrawal but don't feel comfortable doing it until I figure out what the issue is.

Your welcome Gillian. One of the agents told me this, " **Edited for Community Guidelines**." So, in other words, it's out of their hands when you receive payment. As for attempting another withdrawal, I suggest talking to the agent handling your ticket first. 

Okay thank you! I will check in with them to see what they think about withdrawing again.

Hi Gliceria, I know it's been 3 years since you had this issue. Unfortunately I am going through the same thing with upwork and it has been 1 month and I still haven't received my funds. They are still in the process of tracing it. How long did it take you to receive your funds?

ceecri
Community Member

Hi Carolyn. Sorry to hear that. I remember how frustrating it was. Like you said it was 3 years ago, so I really don't remember how long it took but the good news is I enventually got my funds. All the best.

Thank you for responding , I appreciate it. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths