🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Portafolio items of past clients
Page options
jengarzon
Community Member

Portafolio items of past clients

Hi everyone, im fairly new on upwork but i already had a few clients work done that rate me 5 stars ( except one that rate me 4 because i would not continuing working for a small price which i agreed but later regret when i figure out that it was not enought for the time i was spending) and i would like to post something on my portafolio ( which i understand is where you post what you have done) but i don't know if i have permission to do it since it's not my intellectual property. 

Can i post it ?

Is it bad if i don't have anything in portafolio? 

Thank you for your anwers, have a great day. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is it bad if i don't have anything in portfolio?"

Yes.

re: "Can I post it?"

You may post anything that you created and which you have permission to post.

If the client owns work you created on his behalf, then you may ask the client for permission to post the work.

If you own the work, then you may post the work.

If you created something for a client, and that client owns the work, then according to common politeness, professionalism and Upwork's rules, you can't post it in your Upwork portfolio.

This is very different than going to an interview and opening a leather portfolio and showing a potential client a printout of an illustration you created. The Upwork profile page portfolio is on the Internet. Available worldwide. Definitely a situation in which you want to make sure you have permission to post something.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Is it bad if i don't have anything in portfolio?"

Yes.

re: "Can I post it?"

You may post anything that you created and which you have permission to post.

If the client owns work you created on his behalf, then you may ask the client for permission to post the work.

If you own the work, then you may post the work.

If you created something for a client, and that client owns the work, then according to common politeness, professionalism and Upwork's rules, you can't post it in your Upwork portfolio.

This is very different than going to an interview and opening a leather portfolio and showing a potential client a printout of an illustration you created. The Upwork profile page portfolio is on the Internet. Available worldwide. Definitely a situation in which you want to make sure you have permission to post something.

karoliscg
Community Member

I'd use any portfolio piece which was created for client if I found it to be worthy of portfolio. Only exception being if client previously explicitly stated not to use it.

Thank you, i'll try and talk to my previous clients to see if a can get permision to display it. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members