🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Portfolio Examples
Page options
marisdj
Community Member

Portfolio Examples

I am new on upwork and really have trouble landing a job.   I read somewhere that one should upload examples of your work.  I am an accoutant, auditor and financial analyst . I have examples of Excel templates of management accounts I setup for clients and companies I work for and also budgets , forecasts, business plans and that kind of of thing.   I also do auditing and I cleanup messes .   How do I display that?   Also should I convert reports to PDF . I don't really think it is appropriate to put templates in excel format on this site as anyone can just copy and use it then?  Any suggestions for people with my experience to display my expertise? 

6 REPLIES 6
grimesr
Community Member

How about making screenshots of more notable parts? If you are a windows users, the snipping tool is very nice way to customize the area of the screenshot.

marisdj
Community Member

That is a good idea - perhaps just the final result (report) , because spreadsheet templates are usually to big to illustrate on a one pdf - it usually consists of multiple worksheets that that integrates with each other. Hopefully somebody that sees the screenshot will realize that.  Thank you very much for the suggestion. 

Marisa:
You are welcome to search Upwork for freelancers who do work similar to the type of work you want to do... Look for top-performing freelancers in that job niche and look at their portfolios. You may get ideas for the types of files you could create and add to your own portfolio.

MD,

Welcome to UW!

You may also want to take one more pass through your profile copy.

It contains a number of minor typos (mostly spacing errors) that do not reflect highly on your abilities but are very easily corrected.

Work smart, work safe!

Thanks .  I will do that thanks. 

Marisa,

Excel documents are produced by bookkeepers for me. You're an accountant, someone I hold to higher standards. I look at accountants for business advice and explanations, not data entry or data manipulation.

You might consider a narrative about the budgeting process. As you know, a budget has almost nothing to do with money or numbers, it's merely a quantification of your plan. The magic is done by an accountant who sorts out that increasing the geographic footprint of pro.duct sales involves travel and research, both of which cost money

Consider a "think piece" about project financial management. You want to work as an accountant, not a bookkeeper.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths