Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio categories-custom set creating

Highlighted
Marko D Member Since: Dec 11, 2015
1 of 6

Hi,

Is there a chance to frellancer create custom category in portfolio preview?

That will be very usefull since Engineering category and sub-categories don't covering in required descriptions.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 6

Hi Marko,

Thank you for your feedback. Currenty freelancers can't create their own categories when adding a portfolio item and need to choose from the drop-down menu. That menu is consistent with the categories and sub-categories used in freelancer and job search.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Soumya A Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
3 of 6

Why can't I have categories in the portfolio section?  

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 6

Hi Soumya,

A freelancer won't be able to add a new portfolio item or edit an existing one without adding a Specialized Profile because we are encouraging freelancers to create Specialized profiles. Specialized profiles allow freelancers to better describe the work they do and showcase their skills, portfolio items and previous work experience in a format that helps clients find best freelancers for their specific projects.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Rajat S Member Since: Jul 10, 2020
5 of 6

Hey Valeria,

I have noticed I only have 2 categories under my portfolio. I have also noticed that there are other members who have 5,6  categories. How can I fix this? 

I'm a freelancer. Paid member. Not connected with any agency

I have attached one as a sample for a better understanding of my query.

Regards

Rajat

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
6 of 6

Hi Rajat,

I can confirm that all freelancers can select only the category of the related Specialized Profile when uploading new Portfolio samples. Portfolio from the example you shared includes samples added before this update was made and that's why the categories the freelancer selected at the time of uploading those samples are still reflected in the categories menu. For new samples, the freelancer in question will have the same options you have. I'll share your feedback with the team, thank you for sharing your experience.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS