cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio for an Accountant

Highlighted
Mark S Member Since: Jul 7, 2016
1 of 5

I am stuck as to what to upload for my portflio. I am a CPA and am looking for accounting and financial work. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 5

Hi Mark,

When fielding questions like this, I'll often encourage new freelancers to check out what others in their field are already doing. For example, I did this search for freelancers using the keyword, "accountant" and filtered it to only show those with a Job Success Score of 90% or higher. This means I'm looking at freelancers with some experience in this area of work. Then, you can check out their profiles to see what they've included in their portfolios, giving you some ideas of what you might want to include in your own.

A couple of additional thoughts:

1. Don't copy from someone else's profile. Using someone else's portfolio items or verbiage (from their Overview sections, etc.) is against our policy.
  2. Look at those freelancers who are Top Rated since they have a proven track record of success on Upwork.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 5

Do you really think that clients would expect an accountant to have a portfolio?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
4 of 5

Mark,

I doubt they would be looking for a portfolio to do Accounting. Just mention your schooling and certificates under school and certificates.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
5 of 5
I guess testimonials from previous clients would be the closest thing to a "portfolio" for an accountant.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS